• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 35,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

What cubes do you want

zslane

When lubed up, the Valk 3 Elite M feels amazing to me. But I still prefer my GAN 356 XS, if I'm being honest. As flagships go, GAN just happens to make them the way I like them, but that doesn't mean they are right for everyone. If I might be permitted to stretch an analogy a bit, I'd say the Valk 3 Elite M feels like a Porsche (heavy, stable) while the GAN 356 XS feels like a Ferrari (light, responsive). You can win with both; it comes down to which kind of "driving feel" you prefer.

Jam88

YouTube
Visit Channel
When lubed up, the Valk 3 Elite M feels amazing to me. But I still prefer my GAN 356 XS, if I'm being honest. As flagships go, GAN just happens to make them the way I like them, but that doesn't mean they are right for everyone. If I might be permitted to stretch an analogy a bit, I'd say the Valk 3 Elite M feels like a Porsche (heavy, stable) while the GAN 356 XS feels like a Ferrari (light, responsive). You can win with both; it comes down to which kind of "driving feel" you prefer.
nice analysis lol :)

JP cubing

YouTube
Visit Channel
I set up the Valk Elite with Light spring, and medium magnets, with gravitas, weight 3, and a small squeeze of weight 6(plus dnm later). It makes it fast, but had a small drag at the beginning. After a few days, it is quite fast and flexible, not stable. OOTB it is stable though, but dry for my taste.

SpeedyCube

Does anyone know what the difference is between the Valk 3 Power M and the Valk 3 Elite M? Feel, customizable, etc? I’ve been trying to find the difference but have been unsuccessful.

Aerma

Premium Member
WCA
2015MANN01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Does anyone know what the difference is between the Valk 3 Power M and the Valk 3 Elite M? Feel, customizable, etc? I’ve been trying to find the difference but have been unsuccessful.
They're very different cubes. I've used both—the Elite is more stable and has magnet strength options, and in general just feels smoother. I personally prefer it a lot, but the Power is still a very good cube.

Josh_

WCA
2019MARR04
YouTube
Visit Channel
The power is the second 3x3 in the valk line, the first being the Valk 3M and the most recent being the valk elite. The valk elite has adjustable magnets and springs while the power doesn’t (it comes with a second set though). I’m pretty sure most people liked the original and the elite, but the power had mixed reviews. In addition the elite is 26 grams lighter than the power. If you are deciding between those two cubes I would recommend the elite

White KB

3141 Rubik's Cube Ave., Somewhere on E_rth
WCA
2019BRUC01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I already have some pretty good mains in some events:
2x2 - Valk 2 M
3x3 - GAN 356 X w/ YuXin Little Magic as backup
5x5 - YuXin Cloud 5x5
Skewb - MoYu AoYan w/ X-Man Wingy Magnetic as backup

Here are some ones that I would like:
4x4 - MoYu Aosu M 4x4
6x6 - whatever good 6x6s there are (I haven't checked too often)
7x7 - YuXin Spark M
Pyra - MoYu magnetic Pyraminx
Megaminx - GAN Megaminx
Clock - QiYi Magnetic Clock (when it comes out)
Squan - X-Man Volt v2 M (black/white)
OH - MoYu Mini Weilong
Random - Fisher Cube, Ghost Cube, others

TheSlykrCubr

I already have some pretty good mains in some events:
2x2 - Valk 2 M
3x3 - GAN 356 X w/ YuXin Little Magic as backup
5x5 - YuXin Cloud 5x5
Skewb - MoYu AoYan w/ X-Man Wingy Magnetic as backup

Here are some ones that I would like:
4x4 - MoYu Aosu M 4x4
6x6 - whatever good 6x6s there are (I haven't checked too often)
7x7 - YuXin Spark M
Pyra - MoYu magnetic Pyraminx
Megaminx - GAN Megaminx
Clock - QiYi Magnetic Clock (when it comes out)
Squan - X-Man Volt v2 M (black/white)
OH - MoYu Mini Weilong
Random - Fisher Cube, Ghost Cube, others
for 6x6 the best is MGC by a lot, and for pyraminx you shoud probably get either qiyi ms or x-man bell v2

Zain_A24

My current mains
1.Valk 2 M
2.Qiyi Ms 3x3(Gan xs as backup)
3.Valk 4(not that great)
4.Qiyi Ms 5x5
5.Skewb(some decent X-man stickered)
6.Pyra qiyi MS
7.Mega X-man Galaxy(cubicle pro shop)
When you main a $6 cube and backup a $60 cube.

(The MS is really good so don't blame you.)

Zubin Park

I guess I'll add my mains
2x2: YLM (unmagnetized)- I like this better than magnetic cubes idk why
3x3: Gan X (Backups in order: WRM v1, Gan Air M, RS3M 2020
4x4: Aosu GTS2M (Backup MGC)
5x5: MGC
6x6: MGC
3BLD: Gan Air SM (Backups: my 2 other SM's)
OH: any cube I feel like using