• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

What advancements in cubing software would you like to see?

thanos

With the development of a large number of cubing related websites and apps over the past few years, what more software/tools would you like to see? Any new ideas?

Thom S.

While there are Command Line Solvers for Algorithm construction, I think there is a bit of a need for nice (G)UIs for them

I am personally dreaming of a AlgDB.net-like Database for Blindsolving Algorithms but that's something I might do myself one day

u Cube

YouTube
Visit Channel
While there are Command Line Solvers for Algorithm construction, I think there is a bit of a need for nice (G)UIs for them

I am personally dreaming of a AlgDB.net-like Database for Blindsolving Algorithms but that's something I might do myself one day
Ooh nice. I personally think an online cube explorer with algs optimized for all events for custom cases so that could be useful

AndyK

Premium Member
I'd just like to see them centralized under one umbrella so that the cubers who don't actively search for cubing software every week can keep track of all of the resources

Thom S.

Ooh nice. I personally think an online cube explorer with algs optimized for all events for custom cases so that could be useful

I am uncertain if what I say is still true(I have reasons to share it, though) but optimal solutions are a too demanding task for online processing(I was reading this years ago which is why you shouldn't believe me)

I'd just like to see them centralized under one umbrella so that the cubers who don't actively search for cubing software every week can keep track of all of the resources

Which is what the Cubing Software Page at the Wiki is for. Or would be if we'd actually keep it updated

pglewis

WCA
2016LEWI07
Apart from the standard timers, alg set trainers, simulators, and solvers, are there any innovative ideas?

Very niche thing in a very niche hobby, but I've had a proof of concept brewing for some time for a shared relational database for letter pair images. Finding and collecting good images has been a time consuming activity for me personally. There are multiple resources on the web including a good shared spreadsheet but I envision a shared database where you could simply search for "TQ", get a list of vetted images other people are using, and add them to your own list with a single click.

Finding time for yet one more hobby project is difficult but I do have something functional for my own use that is far better than the old Google spreadsheet I started with. Some time this year I'll put together a post about this and start getting some public brainstorming going. There are a lot of requirements in my mind, including supporting any language and a tagging system to aid in filtering things like PAO, language and cultural preferences, etc.

PapaSmurf

WCA
2016TUDO02
YouTube
Visit Channel
I really just want an actually useable version of KSolve in cube explorer format. HARCS and CE are good to use, but alg explorer, if possible, could be built into cube explorer. I know that their separate pieces of software, but it'd be cool.