• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Welcome to the Speedcubing Help section - READ BEFORE POSTING

Status
Not open for further replies.

fortbeast

i doesnt really understand about F2L. can anyone help me out? i want a video with notations. thx.

lvmagik13

F2L

I have been solving a 3x3 for about a year now and i figured i would try and learn the freidrich method but i am having trouble memorizing the algorithms because there are so many dose anyone know a good way to learn them all?

silentscreams

hey guys

i'm wondering what i should do to get faster at cubing

right now im comfortable with the beginner method and solve ranging from 48 secs -1:30

currently trying to learn all PLL and OLL

but i notice that my times are slower when i apply the PLL and OLL compared to when i solve

also, how do you get the habit of solving the cross at the bottom
since i solve the cross on top and turn the cube for second layer

can someone give me some advice

WCA
2010LECA01
YouTube
Visit Channel
hey guys

right now im comfortable with the beginner method and solve ranging from 48 secs -1:30

but i notice that my times are slower when i apply the PLL and OLL compared to when i solve

First, learn full PLL, then OLL.
Second, have you learned F2l yet? You SHOULD
Third, you need to get used to recognizing the situations in which where you need to execute algorithms

bwatkins

hey guys

hey these are quite the typical questions for when you decide to move on to a more complicated method. If your concerned about your cross, maybe you should take some time to SERIOUSLY memorize you color scheme so you know exactly where everything "goes."

Also, with cross on bottom practice is vital, it seems wrong now but just keep trying and go SLOW! Think more often than you turn, it will def. help you.

PLL will save more time than OLL but recognizing can be very difficult, it will take time and practice but you'll get the hang of it.

The overall goal is to not have to stop and think so just practice practice practice and it will all improve, F2L is most worth learning i think, it is CRITICAL! if you want to solve faster.

Good Luck!

silentscreams

hey guys

First, learn full PLL, then OLL.
Second, have you learned F2l yet? You SHOULD
Third, you need to get used to recognizing the situations in which where you need to execute algorithms

which method of f2l?
any links for tutorial or guide?

kinch2002

Premium Member
WCA
2009SHEP01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I wouldn't worry about PLL or OLL at all yet. I was averaging 55 (on a pretty nice cube) when I started F2L, 35 for starting PLL, and 30 for OLL and those are the times at which I tell my friends to learn the new stuff as well. If you have a friend who knows F2L it's easiest for him just to explain it to you. There's not particular need to learn every algorithm for it - just get an idea of what sort of thing you should be doing and then figure out the rest yourself if you can! I had no cubing friends when I learnt so used http://www.cubefreak.net/Fridrich/F2L.html. It's a great site for learning the Fridrich method from. Hope this helps!

diaquoia

YouTube
Visit Channel
Hi to all. I'm new here.
What is the best way to memorize all the OLLs?

My average is 39 seconds.
My best time is 30.32 seconds.

diaquoia

YouTube
Visit Channel
I solve f2l without any algorithms, just memorize all the OLLs and PLL your cubing will be ranging between 50's to 40. I memorizes all PLL and use 2 look OLL . My average is 39.

Fox

Hi to all. I'm new here.
What is the best way to memorize all the OLLs?

My average is 39 seconds.
My best time is 30.32 seconds.

I solve f2l without any algorithms, just memorize all the OLLs and PLL your cubing will be ranging between 50's to 40. I memorizes all PLL and use 2 look OLL . My average is 39.
Welcome!:) I recommend learn OLL when your average is around 20-25 seconds, maybe less. I average like you, more or less, and I use 2lookOLL and 2lookPLL.

rubiks@s

WCA
2009SALA01
YouTube
Visit Channel
hi I am new here, I am mexican, I am 11 years old, I dont speak english very good :S
I know 21/21 pll and 57/57 oll
my record in 3x3 is 14.xx
I have like 65 or 70 cubes in my collection

AndyRoo789

Premium Member
hi I am new here, I am mexican, I am 11 years old, I dont speak english very good :S
I know 21/21 pll and 57/57 oll
my record in 3x3 is 14.xx
I have like 65 or 70 cubes in my collection

Welcome.
And just... WOW to everything in that post.
-You're 11
-Know full OLL and PLL
-sub 20
-And have 65 - 70 cubes in your collection

D

Deleted member 2864

I just received my meffert's megaminx (I got the one with the tiles already in place and it came with lube).

I'm very satisfied with the turning, but the tiles are... oily?

I'm sure the oil will wear away after a while, but I'm just curious.

Did anybody else have this problem?

My(QJ) megaminx tiles were oily as well. So was my tiled QJ 4x4. It's probably just lube.

Oh okay. I thought I posted this on the one question/one answer thread. Oh well. Thanks for the reply. I deleted my post since it was in the wrong thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.