• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

WCA events ranked from most to least boring

Sub1Hour

WCA
2018BECK05
YouTube
Visit Channel
17: Pyraminx. You can zone out and still get a decent time. Also objectively unoptimal as an event.
16: Skewb. Unless you learn advanced methods its only sledgehammer
15: 5BLD. Very time consuming and this event is by far the least forgiving. But this one has its perks of being very impressive and hard.
14: 4BLD. The same problems and upsides as 5BLD.
13: 4x4. Honestly it's my least favorite NxN. it has perks of being a nice speed but it also takes the worst aspects from big and small cubes.
12: Megaminx. I enjoy this event a lot but it can get tedious at times.
11: 2x2. Now we are getting into the "Exiting" territory. Its fun to think about getting a good scramble and to 1-look solves, but its just so short there is not much fun involved.
10: 3BLD. I really enjoy this event but it can be boring at times, especially if you arent good with letter scheme and have to figure out what piece is what letter.
9: Clock. I enjoy this event because it's unique but it can be boring when you are doing the final 4 clocks at the end.
8: OH. Slower 3x3 solve that you can do more with. The only problem is my tps is not as high as I would like it to be so this is by far my worst event.
7: FMC. I enjoy this because its very fun to try different insertions and see what happens. I can get people getting bored with this one easy but I find it very enjoyable especially at a competition.
6: 3x3. Easy to knock out an Ao100 in an hour. I just dont enjoy it as much as Big cubes or squan.
5: Multi-BLD. Very exhilarating to compete in. Also is very impressive and it can also adapt to you depending on how good you are and how much time you have.
4: 7x7. Its very fun to do edge pairing on this cube, mostly because you are not only trying to build edges with 5 pieces, but also because you can find a lot of blocks in edges and preserving them is key to a good time.
3: 5x5. Probably my 2nd best event. Its got a very good edge to center ratio and has a lot of tricks you can do with centers
2: 6x6. I love this event so much. It has so many things you can do with edges and centers due to lack of true centers that you are trying to find different ways to get pieces into different places like in 7x7 but with less restrictions.
1: Square-1. I LOVE THIS EVENT. There is so much you can do with manipulating cases and such with misalignments and alternate algs. Also cubeshape is very fun since you are trying to find not only the fastest way to get it back into a cube, but also the fastest way without parity. The only unexciting thing is the hardware, being second worse only to clock.

BenChristman1

WCA
2019CHRI11
SS Competition Results
17: Pyraminx. You can zone out and still get a decent time. Also objectively unoptimal as an event.
15: 5BLD. Very time consuming and this event is by far the least forgiving. But this one has its perks of being very impressive and hard.
13: 4x4. Honestly it's my least favorite NxN. it has perks of being a nice speed but it also takes the worst aspects from big and small cubes.
11: 2x2. Now we are getting into the "Exiting" territory. Its fun to think about getting a good scramble and to 1-look solves, but its just so short there is not much fun involved.
10: 3BLD. I really enjoy this event but it can be boring at times, especially if you arent good with letter scheme and have to figure out what piece is what letter.
9: Clock. I enjoy this event because it's unique but it can be boring when you are doing the final 4 clocks at the end.
8: OH. Slower 3x3 solve that you can do more with. The only problem is my tps is not as high as I would like it to be so this is by far my worst event.
7: FMC. I enjoy this because its very fun to try different insertions and see what happens. I can get people getting bored with this one easy but I find it very enjoyable especially at a competition.
6: 3x3. Easy to knock out an Ao100 in an hour. I just dont enjoy it as much as Big cubes or squan.
5: Multi-BLD. Very exhilarating to compete in. Also is very impressive and it can also adapt to you depending on how good you are and how much time you have.
4: 7x7. Its very fun to do edge pairing on this cube, mostly because you are not only trying to build edges with 5 pieces, but also because you can find a lot of blocks in edges and preserving them is key to a good time.
3: 5x5. Probably my 2nd best event. Its got a very good edge to center ratio and has a lot of tricks you can do with centers
2: 6x6. I love this event so much. It has so many things you can do with edges and centers due to lack of true centers that you are trying to find different ways to get pieces into different places like in 7x7 but with less restrictions.
1: Square-1. I LOVE THIS EVENT. There is so much you can do with manipulating cases and such with misalignments and alternate algs. Also cubeshape is very fun since you are trying to find not only the fastest way to get it back into a cube, but also the fastest way without parity. The only unexciting thing is the hardware, being second worse only to clock.
I was about to ask what the 1 event is that you don't do.
#RIPFEET

NevEr_QeyX

18: 5BLD
17: 4BLD
16: Feet
15: MultiBLD
14: Clock
13: 3BLD
12: FMC
11: Pyra
10: 2x2
9: 4x4
8: Mega
7: Skewb
6: Square-1
5: OH
4: 7x7
3: 6x6
2: 3x3
1: 5x5

alexiscubing

WCA
2018HIRS04
YouTube
Visit Channel
I don't do 6/7, bld or squan
11. FMC - it takes an hour
10. Clock - my clock main sucks
9. Feet - ouch
8. Skewb - fun but weird
7. 4x4 - fun but i hate parity
6. 5x5 - my favourite big cube event
5. Pyra - fast and my best event
4. 2x2 - fast and kinda satisfying to spam tps
3. OH - fun and spamming tps
2. Mega - lookahead and is basically a big 3x3 with more sides
1. 3x3 - the best event and the only one that i can do a rly long session on

WCA
2019HENK01
17: Clock - I only do this once in a while for the weekly comp cuz it's just super boring and my clock is bad. I am terribly slow and get way too many DNFs. (38 solves this year)
16: Square-1 - I know like 10 algs in total, my turning sucks and I'm slow. (43 solves this year)
15: Skewb - Another one of those boring events I never do. My finger tricks are awful and it's just not fun. (actually >50 solves this year)
14: Megaminx - I think I am way too inefficient and slow to enjoy this. (38 solves this year)
13: Pyraminx - It completes the list of those lame side events. I don't even know all 5 LL algs and my Pyra is sooooo bad. (>50 solves this year)
12: 2x2 - My least favorite NxN event by far. It's is so stupid and I'm too lazy to learn Ortega and CLL to get sub-3.
11: Feet - It is fun but I'm bad and I get too many corner twists. wait that's illegal
10: 7x7 - It is fun to do and I want to get faster but it just frustrating how slow I am compared to something like 5x5. I don't even have a sub-4 single but I average 1:15 on 5x5 rip.
9: FMC - It used to be my favorite event like a month ago but I literally DNF 50% of my attempts and I mostly can't find a good DR and normal block building is kinda boring.
8: 6x6 - I'm a little less trash than I am on 7x7 but I'm still slow.
7: 4BLD - I've only done around 20 attempts and had 3 successes but I really enjoy doing it and I'll hopefully get faster.
6: OH - I like it and I am not completely trash anymore compared to my 3x3.
5: 4x4 - 4x4 is fun.
4: 3BLD - I've gotten faster in the last few days and I really enjoy it, sub-1 soon hopefully.
3: MBLD - I don't really do it as much as I should but it is really fun, still only going for <10 cubes though.
2: 5x5 - It is the perfect mixture of turning quickly and needing good lookahead, just did an Ao100 today and I am kinda decent.
1: 3x3 - I like it

I haven't attempted 5BLD yet cuz I'm lazy

Cube Tribe

YouTube
Visit Channel
I agreee with square-1, I really love it:cool:
However, my average is trash lol I probably forgot most of the algs by now and the notation is sickkk, the numbers mann...

ChawieFast

All the cubes I have/can do:

9: Clock. I have the sengsou clock and its kinda slow, and you cant practice algorithms
8: 3BLD. I can barely do it ever and it takes a while to memorize while knowing I will fail.
7: Pyraminx. Still fun, just everything else is more fun.
6: Megaminx. Just got one, kinda slow at it, but fun to practice a new puzzle
5: OH. Basically 3x3, but slower.
4: 4x4. The only big cube I have, and it's fun to see my times increasing so fast.
3: FMC. I like figuring things out and it might be boring for most people, but not me.
2: 3x3. The classic. You can solve it fast and impress people a lot, and scrambles aren't too long.
1: 2x2. Really fun because you can solve fast, and algorithms are short and not annoying to learn.

cuberswoop

WCA
2022FROU01
Square-1: really very algorithmic. Not much fun to speed solve
5bld: Speaks for itself
4Bld: Also Speaks for itself
Clock: Its clock
Mega: F2L Is nice, but not as fun as 3x3
MBld: 5x5 Bld but it makes sense
Skewb: Sledge is quick but that's it.
Pryaminx: Intuitive L4E is sweet
7x7: cool
6x6: crappy hardware
5x5: Excellent
4x4: Like an even more fun 3x3
2x2: Love spamming 2x2 TPS
3x3: The original
FMC: The best don't hate me

Melvintnh327

I personally don't do blind events and fmc much, so these won't be included in the list.
these are entirely my opinion and has nothing to do with your opinion.

12. OH: I suck at OH, and I don't like practicing it.

11. Square-1: Well I can't say it's a bad event, but I find it hard to align and I keep overshooting.

10. Pyraminx: I used to practice Pyraminx a lot, but now I don't really practice it.

9. Skewb: I can see why a lot of people find Skewb boring, they are just sledgehammers and hedgeslammers over and over again, but I do find it not that boring.

8. Megaminx: Like J perm said, Megaminx is basically F2L but over and over again, and it's pretty fun, though finding pieces is hard...

7. 4x4: My 4x4 is insanely locky, but it isn't that long. I really hope I can have a stickerless 4x4...

6. 7x7: 7x7 is fun too! I find my 7x7 a bit locky, but I am okay with it.

5. 6x6: I also enjoy 6x6, and it's really fun too! Though it contains a lot of parity...

4. Clock: I enjoy clock and it's not hard to learn it, and it's improvements are pretty quick! Though I find scrambling it kinda boring.

3. 5x5: I enjoy doing 5x5! It is fun and you can apply many advanced techniques on it.

2. 2x2: 2x2 is pretty fun, but I find it kinda short, but still, pretty fun.

1. 3x3: I actually practice 2x2 more than 3x3, but 3x3 isn't as short as 2x2.

Last edited: