• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

WCA/Competition Website Errors

Lucas Garron

Administrator
WCA
2006GARR01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Every time there's a minor glitch with the WCA site, someone seems to feel compelled to tell the entire world that there's a NEW WR, AMAZING. Then it gets fixed after a few hours.

If you find an error on the WCA results pages:

An email to [email protected] is the best and fastest way to report errors. :)

If you find an error on a competition website (or live results):

Go here, look up the organizer's email, and tell them.

If you feel you need to post on the forum, please post here. Try to make it something like "I just found this amusing error on the WCA site. I've sent an email, and I hope it gets fixed soon."
Any separate threads of this type will get merged.

Last edited:

Tim Reynolds

Premium Member
WCA
2005REYN01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I've got a better idea...email [email protected], and then the people who actually have the power to fix the database can fix it. Posting it here doesn't help anything, unless me or Ron or Tyson or Stefan or Clement find it. Which we probably will eventually, but I notice email faster.

waffle=ijm

Waffo
WCA
2008MANA02
YouTube
Visit Channel
I've got a better idea...email [email protected], and then the people who actually have the power to fix the database can fix it. Posting it here doesn't help anything, unless me or Ron or Tyson or Stefan or Clement find it. Which we probably will eventually, but I notice email faster.

But WCA errors sometimes provide us with great entertainment :)

Bryan

Premium Member
WCA
2007LOGA01
Can this be expanded to almost anything where it's obvious something's wrong?

"omg! Justin Beiber's signed up for a competition! Do you think it's legit?" - Making this it's own thread, bad. Contacting the competition organizer and letting them know of a fake entry, good.

"what? the competition is running until 5am. should we bring sleeping bags? lol"

"they have 22 rounds of OH? must be koii competition"

Tim Reynolds

Premium Member
WCA
2005REYN01
YouTube
Visit Channel

But WCA errors sometimes provide us with great entertainment :)

In any case, you should email us so that we know there's a problem. I thought the Kirjava thread was a joke thread the first time I saw it, so I ignored it for a while. If you take the time to post a thread, you should also take the time to email us, so that something gets done.

And just remember that "WCA errors" are little mistakes that either me, Bob, Ron, or Tyson made.

Evan Liu

WCA
2009LIUE01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Tim,

I've just forwarded the email I sent to you just before Nationals to the results email.

Also posting it here, which you may see first.

Found these errors while browsing results a month or so back.

Alania Open 2010: There is only one 2x2 round in the results, and it is marked as the "First Round", so it doesn't show up in the "Winners" tab. I assume that either needs to be changed to the "Final", or there are more rounds missing.

Washington DC Spring 2010: For the Rubik's Magic event, Patrick Jameson should be ranked above Kevin Zhou, due to his better single time.

Guadalajara Open 2010: Gabriel Alejandro Orozco Casillas should be the only winner of the 4x4 Blindfolded event, and Jonathan Esteban Rivera Castillon should be ranked below him, in 2nd place, since he had no successful solves.

Thanks,
Evan Liu

Tim Reynolds

Premium Member
WCA
2005REYN01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Tim,

I've just forwarded the email I sent to you just before Nationals to the results email.

Also posting it here, which you may see first.

Found these errors while browsing results a month or so back.

Alania Open 2010: There is only one 2x2 round in the results, and it is marked as the "First Round", so it doesn't show up in the "Winners" tab. I assume that either needs to be changed to the "Final", or there are more rounds missing.

Washington DC Spring 2010: For the Rubik's Magic event, Patrick Jameson should be ranked above Kevin Zhou, due to his better single time.

Guadalajara Open 2010: Gabriel Alejandro Orozco Casillas should be the only winner of the 4x4 Blindfolded event, and Jonathan Esteban Rivera Castillon should be ranked below him, in 2nd place, since he had no successful solves.

Thanks,
Evan Liu

Thanks, sorry I got busy after Nationals and haven't been posting results in a while.

maggotcuber

WCA
2010BARY01
WCA web page problems

for starters i had no idea where to start this thread. but the problem is that ive been trying to go to http://www.worldcubeassociation.org/ but every time i do i get this:
Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, or webmaster and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.
anyone else having this problem?

Cride5

Premium Member
WCA
2009RIDE01
Yup, I've been getting the same problem, and it seems to be sporadic in nature. I just put it down to updates or *ahem* developers perhaps working on the live system ಠ_ಠ

Last edited:

Lucas Garron

Administrator
WCA
2006GARR01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Not a major error but in the Misc section "age vs speed" link. It hasnt been updated for a while....
That's a separate section by Stefan, generated once for fun. He can probably explain more.

anthonys pyraminx single is
nr/cr/wr
58/3/11
I think this has to do with his change of nationality. Again, probably best confirmed by himself.

Anthony

Professional Speedcuber
WCA
2008SEAR01
YouTube
Visit Channel
That's a separate section by Stefan, generated once for fun. He can probably explain more.

I think this has to do with his change of nationality. Again, probably best confirmed by himself.

Yeah. I broke the Pyraminx NAR when I was still competing under Belizean Nationality. Since I've switched to representing the USA, I haven't got a solve nearly as fast. So, my continental and world rankings are high, but my national ranking sucks haha.

Stefan

WCA
2003POCH01
YouTube
Visit Channel
So the 58 nr is the 7.94, and the cr and wr is the 3.68?

Yes. You can also see that on the respective ranking pages (that's what the NR/CR/WR on the person page refers to):

USA: http://www.worldcubeassociation.org...nId=USA&years=&show=100+Persons&single=Single
North America: http://www.worldcubeassociation.org...America&years=&show=100+Persons&single=Single
World: http://www.worldcubeassociation.org...America&years=&show=100+Persons&single=Single

Anthony just needs to man up and simply beat that 3.68 :D

Last edited: