• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

View of FAZ in the Speedcubing Dokumentary

What do you think , will he be able to podium in some events next worlds or do you think, he now has

• I think, he will be able to podium in some events

Votes: 32 94.1%
  • I think he is now defeated for ever and he will never be able to get that good

Votes: 2 5.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Tabe

WCA
2017TABA02
YouTube
Visit Channel
I think if you arguing about who is better then you may have missed the main points of the documentary IMHO.
David, you and your family came off really well in the film. No surprise, you have every time I've seen anything with you guys. In fact, I wish we'd gotten a little more time dedicated to Feliks.

EngiNerdBrian

Premium Member
YouTube
Visit Channel
David, you and your family came off really well in the film. No surprise, you have every time I've seen anything with you guys. In fact, I wish we'd gotten a little more time dedicated to Feliks.
Agreed. My wife mentioned while Feliks' was getting emotional towards the end, "Wow, he just seems like a really good person." I couldn't agree more, having someone with as much class, kindness and genuine goodness as Feliks is an absolutist gift to our community. It is not often the GOAT in a community is such a positive influence to others; they are commonly cocky or full of themselves but Feliks has been a great role model and central figure in the cubing community for many years.

AbsoRuud

WCA
2019POLL04
YouTube
Visit Channel
It's been mentioned before, but I really think Feliks has been a role model for the entire cubing community, not just for Max Park. It's that sort of genuine kindness that has made as, the cubers, who we are today. I'm twice his age, but I admire Feliks not just for his obvious cubing prowess, but also for the way he has influenced thousands and thousands of people across the globe to be better, nicer and kinder versions of themselves. As they say, it takes a real man to cry in public. And this was definitely shown in the end of the documentary.

Having said that, I think Max and his parents are equally awesome. To show that much dedication in providing for your child who is so different from most people is something we can all admire. Not only do they accept and love Max exactly how he is, they dedicate their lives to providing him with the best life possible. And in return they now have a wonderful young man who has blossomed into a very nice human being, and who now has social skills and friends and a list of records and medals that is too long to list in one post.

alexiscubing

WCA
2018HIRS04
YouTube
Visit Channel
He is a legendary cuber who is an amazing person, and a great role model for me and many others, and taking a small time to talk to people, allow photos and other things, he just proves how much of a well rounded person he is. For example: at a comp, i got my first podium (a pyraminx win) and he went up to me and was like, Congratulations on the podium!, and I was in awe of how kinda he was to all the competitors. I wish him luck for the future, and hopefully he continues to do well and compete!