• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

V-Cube shipping costs thread

brunson

WCA
2008BRUN01
Seems like shipping may be flat rate percentage of total, but we'd need more non-NA shipping data to know for sure. Thanks, everyone, for the participation. It'd almost be cheaper to fly over and get them. ;-)

PJK, there hasn't been a mile high cuber's get together since the Denver Open. When you get your cubes there definitely needs to be one so you can show them off and make us all jealous. :)

pjk

Administrator
Staff member
WCA
2007KELL02
SS Competition Results
Seems like shipping may be flat rate percentage of total, but we'd need more non-NA shipping data to know for sure. Thanks, everyone, for the participation. It'd almost be cheaper to fly over and get them. ;-)

PJK, there hasn't been a mile high cuber's get together since the Denver Open. When you get your cubes there definitely needs to be one so you can show them off and make us all jealous. :)
For sure. I am actually 200 miles south in Alamosa right now, or else I'd already be asking to get together. I'll be up back living in Golden in early August...maybe sooner. Dan Knights wanted to get together a couple weeks back, but I couldn't. You should contact a couple of those guys from the club, I'm sure they'd like to get together. There are tons all over the area. When I get back I plan on working on setting up the competition in September.

anyway, as far as shipping goes, maybe we should combine orders (I haven't completed the order yet). Brunson, do you want to order with me, and then whoever they are shipped to can ship the cubes to the other person for like $10? PM me.

H

hdskull

Yea... I want a 5x5 but I don't want to pay for the ridiculous shipping, I'll split shipping with someone who is willing to bring it to UCSD summer 2008.

mrbiggs

Is there any way to track the shipping?

i dont think so, I'm just curious is all.

On a related note, does anyone know if the "your order has been processed" email a sign that they're shipping it, or do we get two?

jonny guitar

I would like to know if they are shipped standard mail or courier because someone like UPS will add a ridiculous amount for brokerage on top of the already ludicrous $42 to ship a single cube to Canada. I emailed them and asked but they have not responded. Man, I have had $2000 amps and guitars shipped insured for less than that.

I'm debating about whether to buy one or not. I would just get a 5x5 and the total price says it would be $76. I guess nobody really knows yet, but is it really worth it?

If I had the money I'd by it only after the 7x7 and 6x6. But to me it's worth it more because I already have five Rubik's brand 5x5's. So say if you only had one regular 5x5, then perhaps your money is better spent either buying a VC 7x7, VC 6x6, or another regular 5x5...

-Doug

pjk

Administrator
Staff member
WCA
2007KELL02
SS Competition Results
I've tried all of them. The 5x5 is amazing. I probably solved it 30 times when I had it, and never really locked up at all.

The 6x6 is nice too, but tends to lockup and is not nearly as smooth. But that may be because I wasn't used to it. I popped it twice when I was messing with it.

The 7x7 is also very nice, like the 5x5. Even with slightly mis-aligned slices, the 7x7 is still very smooth and fluid. Outer face turns are as nice as a lubed 3x3, if not nicer.

Of course, all of the puzzles I used were lubed and worked in, so I can't speak for the ones straight out of the box.