• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Upgraded Forum and Theme

qwr

YouTube
Visit Channel
We’re going to see a lot more name changes now that it’s free.
yeah. If it becomes a problem it can be limited to less frequent, ex. once a year or twice a year. For the game osu, there's actually an interesting system where it's $4 to do a name change and every subsequent change doubles in cost (capped at $100). There are people who have legitimately spent over a thousand bucks on name changes for some reason.

I have strongly considered a name change if I decide to link my WCA ID and reveal my name. Well some people here Ive bought and sold stuff from know my name already.

pjk

Administrator
Staff member
WCA
2007KELL02
SS Competition Results
Thanks for the feedback guys, please report any issues or post any other feedback here.

Where does the home screen notification pop up?
Also, my only problem would be the removal of the post toolbars, and possibly the icon next to the notifications with new posts.
I will add the toolbar back, not sure why it went away. As for the popup, it works on Android with Chrome (can someone check?). I noticed my icon on my iPhone changed too. Add the homepage to your homescreen and let me know if it works okay.

We’re going to see a lot more name changes now that it’s free.
Username changes aren't free/open as everyone will then change their names. Have had a bunch of requests already. Username changes are only allowed for Premium Users:

qwr

YouTube
Visit Channel
Username changes aren't free/open as everyone will then change their names. Have had a bunch of requests already. Username changes are only allowed for Premium Users:
is it still a one time only change?

BenChristman1

WCA
2019CHRI11
SS Competition Results
Why do I have the option to change my username, then? I have already seen other non-premium users do it.

PetrusQuber

YouTube
Visit Channel
Thanks for the feedback guys, please report any issues or post any other feedback here.

I will add the toolbar back, not sure why it went away. As for the popup, it works on Android with Chrome (can someone check?). I noticed my icon on my iPhone changed too. Add the homepage to your homescreen and let me know if it works okay.

Yes, I can see it now. The toolbar‘s also back!

xyzzy

Heads up: they've been open since the forum upgrade for non-premium users too. I see this in my account options:
Username: xyzzy [Change]
(I assume it's a configuration glitch of some sort and this isn't intentional.)

Mike Hughey

Administrator
Staff member
WCA
2007HUGH01
SS Competition Results
YouTube
Visit Channel
but now you can do this
I was looking at this with dark theme and didn't understand the point of it. Then I tried light theme and understood.

Actually I guess it's kind of fun - a way to send secret messages to only those who use dark theme!