• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Upcoming puzzles

fes_77

WCA
2023SANT10
SS Competition Results
Hi!

I think it may be interesting to collect info about upcoming (officially or unofficially announced) puzzles in one place.

My 2¢ (sources - manufacturer's facebook pages, online stores):

Spring 2018

3x3
Yuxin Huanglong 3x3 (M) (top, video) released

4x4
MoYu Aosu GTS (top, after M released in the autumn of 2017)​
GAN 460 M (top) released

5x5
MoYu Aochuang GTS (M) (top, video) released

6x6
MoYu Aoshi GTS (M) (top, video) released
QiYi X-Man Shadow (M) (top)​

7x7
QiYi Qixing 7x7 (budget, proof) released
YuXin Hays7 M (top)​
didn't gan say they would make a 5x5 and sq-1?

WCA
2023FUKU01
I think GAN should make an FTO M instead.
Anything is better than a LanLan, even GAN couldn't mess that one up.

Hopefully, now that FTO is gaining more and more traction someone will make a decent one so you no longer have to make your own Rex-TO's or mod a lanlan beyond recognition.
I really hope there will be an upgrade from my lanlan fto M, no matter if yuxin/gan/moyu/yj/qiyi make a fto M speed cube.

UncleFrank

didn't gan say they would make a 5x5 and sq-1?
Yes, they did. Gan himself said it in a video interview with Cubicle in November 2021, that they were working on a 5x5 and sq1 for release in 2022. Then sometime in late 2022 they said it would be out in 2023.

They'll probably name the 5x5 "562M" or some such, and I expect it'll just be "meh", like the 460 is. Ok but nothing special. And very overpriced, of course.
The SQ1 will probably be called the "SQ1 M Enhanced". Should be very good, tho, similar to their skewb and pyraminx. Just as overpriced, too, which will limit it's popularity.

WCA
2023FUKU01
Yes, they did. Gan himself said it in a video interview with Cubicle in November 2021, that they were working on a 5x5 and sq1 for release in 2022. Then sometime in late 2022 they said it would be out in 2023.

They'll probably name the 5x5 "562M" or some such, and I expect it'll just be "meh", like the 460 is. Ok but nothing special. And very overpriced, of course.
The SQ1 will probably be called the "SQ1 M Enhanced". Should be very good, tho, similar to their skewb and pyraminx. Just as overpriced, too, which will limit it's popularity.
Imagine a GAN square-1 with GES nut. I guess they will release 3-4 versions including standard version with magnetic slice, enhanced version which is fully magnetic, and also a UV coated version of the GAN square-1 enhanced.

I also want to ask why the GAN robot v2 which turns much faster than the v1 has never been mass-produced?

Last edited: