• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Upcoming puzzles

Dan the Beginner

Premium Member
I got the maglev rs3m and put the maglev tensions in my CH corner-core modded WRM21 and the weight is 87.45g so not too much extra weight. I noticed a much bigger difference in feeling and performance in the WRM21 than the rs3m. Both cubes sped up and were smoother, but the difference is a little more noticeable to me in the WRM21.
I got the maglev rs3m and put the maglev tensions in my CH corner-core modded WRM21 and the weight is 87.45g so not too much extra weight. I noticed a much bigger difference in feeling and performance in the WRM21 than the rs3m. Both cubes sped up and were smoother, but the difference is a little more noticeable to me in the WRM21.
That's great to hear. Can you share the size of the ring magnets and where you got them from?

(Update. I was reading too fast. Those magnets came from the RS3M Maglev). 🤣

I'm also interested in how you find the CH modded WRM 2021, or specifically how much difference it makes, compared to the original WRM 2021.

Last edited:

Dan the Beginner

Premium Member

Thanks. Moyu magnets in another Moyu cube, of course.

OreKehStrah

YouTube
Visit Channel
That's great to hear. Can you share the size of the ring magnets and where you got them from?

(Update. I was reading too fast. Those magnets came from the RS3M Maglev). 🤣

I'm also interested in how you find the CH modded WRM 2021, or specifically how much difference it makes, compared to the original WRM 2021.
I personally prefer really loose and fast cubes, so the extra magnets in the CH modded version really helps with cube stability on the loose tensions. Additional stability seems to be the main benefit of the corner core magnet systems, and from what I can tell, it definitely helps if you find the WRM21 too unstable.

Dan the Beginner

Premium Member
I personally prefer really loose and fast cubes, so the extra magnets in the CH modded version really helps with cube stability on the loose tensions. Additional stability seems to be the main benefit of the corner core magnet systems, and from what I can tell, it definitely helps if you find the WRM21 too unstable.

Thanks. Nice mod. 👍

Dan the Beginner

Premium Member
Do we know if just the gan 12 maglev version will come out this Friday, or will the 12 Leap come out as well?
I did not see anything about timing of the Leap release. For me, I would be more interested in this version - Gan 12 Bluetooth, if it can add "AI" to the Gan 12 Maglev. Just a wish. That would have everything I need in a cube. Should be quite simple, ie just use the AI core for the Gan 12 Maglev, no?

Last edited:

ender9994

WCA
2008GROM01
YouTube
Visit Channel
anything about the price?

Gan 12 maglev: $59.99 - 69.99
Gan 12m Leap: $39.99 - 49.99
Gan 12 UI: $65.99 - $75.99

These would be my guesses. Any higher and they risk pricing out too many potential buyers. Any cheaper and they risk loosing their notion as a "premium brand" not available to everyone. It's a fine line to walk that many tech companies have to navigate.

Also, my Gan 12UI price guess is assuming it has all the features of the the maglev version.

EDIT: After looking at pictures again, it seems the 12 UI will be more similar to the Leap than the maglev version

SH03L4C3

The orange centerpiece from your main 3x3
Gan 12 maglev: $59.99 - 69.99
Gan 12m Leap: $39.99 - 49.99
Gan 12 UI: $65.99 - $75.99

These would be my guesses. Any higher and they risk pricing out too many potential buyers. Any cheaper and they risk loosing their notion as a "premium brand" not available to everyone. It's a fine line to walk that many tech companies have to navigate.

Also, my Gan 12UI price guess is assuming it has all the features of the the maglev version.

EDIT: After looking at pictures again, it seems the 12 UI will be more similar to the Leap than the maglev version
wait, so the lead does not have maglev?
Then why is it described with a magnetic core?
1632356644996.png
1632356687621.png

Dan the Beginner

Premium Member
Magnetic core means those "core magnets" stalled in the direction of the axis of the corner pieces, and not maglev magnets that are replacement for the springs inside the centre pieces.

Dan the Beginner

Premium Member

I think you are right to think so, but I would be disappointed. I don't like the frosty surface and I like quieter cubes (maglev). The material I have seen suggests there should be benefits in feel and performance for using maglev besides noise. And if I have to pay the highest price, I would like to have every good feature in the cube, and, longer lasting quality (maglev means less friction and less potential issues down the road).