• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Upcoming puzzles

Tabe

WCA
2017TABA02
YouTube
Visit Channel
I have a better idea. Cube makers should save their money and not send useless accessories like cube stands, cards, screw drivers, ... ... with each cube and just include something essential - a tiny bottle of lubricant. Except for any special tool (like that "harpoon" or Moyu's spring adjustment tool), most of those little extras do nothing for me. They just make me feel I have paid more than I should for that cube.
Maru used to do exactly that.

ender9994

WCA
2008GROM01
YouTube
Visit Channel
This is not a puzzle but is new AFAIK:
1cc sampler bottles of lube

while I would prefer getting at least 3cc bottles with orders, I think it is a nice promotional idea. maybe they can give them out at comps or something.
Oh woops, completely forgot to add that to my last order. Yeah, 1 ml is not much, but would be good bundled in with some of their puzzles

In other news: The Moyu RS3M 2021 just shipped from the cubicle. Ended up buying 2, one for myself and one for a giveaway.

Kaiju_cube

I keep thinking about trying other lubes but honestly Cubicle Silk, Speed, and DNM 37 do all I need. I did try Maru first and it sort of became a white residue after a while and made me need to clean my cubes.

After trying the Cubicle ones I haven't tried anything else. I'm curious about the (Mystic?) one that has aloe though, though I worry about it being organic and maybe rotting or getting nasty inside the cube after some time.

And SpeedCubeShop have a couple that look interesting.

They're kind of all overpriced though, right? Even the 'sampler' at Cubicle is like $3. for 1cc? ...1cc is a very tiny bottle I assume, because the 3cc bottles I have from them are tiny.

Surprisingly the link to that Gan lube shows a large bottle for less money and it comes with a bag? ... the rare time that Gan is the less expensive option. I wonder if it's any good.

qwr

YouTube
Visit Channel
I keep thinking about trying other lubes but honestly Cubicle Silk, Speed, and DNM 37 do all I need. I did try Maru first and it sort of became a white residue after a while and made me need to clean my cubes.

After trying the Cubicle ones I haven't tried anything else. I'm curious about the (Mystic?) one that has aloe though, though I worry about it being organic and maybe rotting or getting nasty inside the cube after some time.

And SpeedCubeShop have a couple that look interesting.

They're kind of all overpriced though, right? Even the 'sampler' at Cubicle is like $3. for 1cc? ...1cc is a very tiny bottle I assume, because the 3cc bottles I have from them are tiny.

Surprisingly the link to that Gan lube shows a large bottle for less money and it comes with a bag? ... the rare time that Gan is the less expensive option. I wonder if it's any good.

I haven't tried GAN lube but I think it is generic lube which will be cheaper.
1cc is almost like a sampler size. Actually I would prefer it if they had 0.5cc sizes and just gave them away as promotional items.
I really like Mystic tho. I never had any problems with it and I see it as an inbetween for DNM and Silk, like Silk but thinner. I never saw the need for Speed but I haven't tried it nor SCS lubes.

Kaiju_cube

for me Speed seems inbetween Silk and DNM 37

like DNM 37 is watery but makes a cube fast
Silk is thicker and makes a chunky/scratchy cube smooth
Speed seems to smooth out a cube and speed it up some

then there's thing like I've used DNM on cubes that are so tight I can't spread them apart enough to get Silk or Speed down in the cracks, but DNM being more watery will get down in there.

and there's time I'll use Speed or Silk to smooth a cube out, then a day later drop in a drop or two of DNM to speed it up a bit, so I guess that's sort of combining the two.

...I still have 2 tubes/syringes of Traxxus I've never used also.

If I could only choose one it would be a hard tie between Speed and Silk, but I'd probably choose Speed as it's in between Silk and DNM,.. it's a nice middle ground.

....imo...etc etc

qwr

YouTube
Visit Channel
for me Speed seems inbetween Silk and DNM 37

like DNM 37 is watery but makes a cube fast
Silk is thicker and makes a chunky/scratchy cube smooth
Speed seems to smooth out a cube and speed it up some

then there's thing like I've used DNM on cubes that are so tight I can't spread them apart enough to get Silk or Speed down in the cracks, but DNM being more watery will get down in there.

and there's time I'll use Speed or Silk to smooth a cube out, then a day later drop in a drop or two of DNM to speed it up a bit, so I guess that's sort of combining the two.

...I still have 2 tubes/syringes of Traxxus I've never used also.

If I could only choose one it would be a hard tie between Speed and Silk, but I'd probably choose Speed as it's in between Silk and DNM,.. it's a nice middle ground.

....imo...etc etc
try mystic and see how it compares