• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Upcoming puzzles

qwr

YouTube
Visit Channel
Gan Mini M Pro has a problem. :oops:

A third video appeared yesterday in China, where this cube is already being sold, talking about the same problem with selected settings for spring-axle distance changing by themselves. This is surprising for an expensive flagship cube from GAN.
can you link the video? I think some people had that issue with some recent gan cube as well

Dan the Beginner

Premium Member
can you link the video? I think some people had that issue with some recent gan cube as well

I understand that the video cannot be watched in many countries, although VPNs may help. Here are the three I mentioned, showing the problem with the Gan Mini M Pro.

Last edited:

qwr

YouTube
Visit Channel
Are the Diansheng 8x8 & 9x9 comparable or better than other good ones or are they just for the novelty?
what is the comparison point? meilong or huanglong or shenshou? also the price matters too
given it's magnetic that's a big step forward. magnets could compensate for a worse design in terms of stability and thus corner cutting

A mythical land filled with talking Ducks
WCA
2022MCCO11
For 35 and 45 dollars each, these are most likely gonna be the best 8x8 and 9x9 on the market(at least for the price)
That's dirt cheap compared to a GAN! Another thing to consider is the size, being the smallest ones they'll be a lot easier to handle and the magnets will definitely make up for that smaller size which can be unstable.

qwr

YouTube
Visit Channel
That's dirt cheap compared to a GAN! Another thing to consider is the size, being the smallest ones they'll be a lot easier to handle and the magnets will definitely make up for that smaller size which can be unstable.
What's the point of comparing to GAN when they don't have a cube bigger than a 4x4?
Anyway I looked at the video and fortunately it does look like the magnets are helping keep the layers aligned (vs manually aligning every time with fingers or a table). So if Diansheng wants to fill the unfilled magnetic big cubes niche, we are all happy.

A mythical land filled with talking Ducks
WCA
2022MCCO11
What's the point of comparing to GAN when they don't have a cube bigger than a 4x4?
Anyway I looked at the video and fortunately it does look like the magnets are helping keep the layers aligned (vs manually aligning every time with fingers or a table). So if Diansheng wants to fill the unfilled magnetic big cubes niche, we are all happy.
What I'm saying is that buying a magnetic 9x9 for $20 less than a 3x3 is a very good price to pay. I'm just comparing the price. I could also say "Wow, that's the same price as a Valk Elite M!"