• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Upcoming puzzles

Zain_A24

YouTube
Visit Channel
"There really aren't any other budget cubes that come magnetized in this size other than the Little Magic" - I mean, yeah, if we want to ignore the Yushu v2M and Yufu v2M, the best budget 6x6 and 7x7...

Also, it sure sounded like Cameron was afraid to say that the 7x7 is terrible.
The 6x6 is actually decent. The 7x7 lacks reverse cornercutting but the speed and smoothness makes up for it to a casual solver like myself. Havent tried another 6 or 7 yet though but for non-speed 7x7 solves it's fine for me tbh.

cuber314159

The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Norther...
WCA
2016EVAN06
YouTube
Visit Channel
"There really aren't any other budget cubes that come magnetized in this size other than the Little Magic" - I mean, yeah, if we want to ignore the Yushu v2M and Yufu v2M, the best budget 6x6 and 7x7...

Also, it sure sounded like Cameron was afraid to say that the 7x7 is terrible.
Apparently they are going to release a magnetic 8x8 though and that would be a first.

qwr

YouTube
Visit Channel
The 6x6 is actually decent. The 7x7 lacks reverse cornercutting but the speed and smoothness makes up for it to a casual solver like myself. Havent tried another 6 or 7 yet though but for non-speed 7x7 solves it's fine for me tbh.
if you have the puzzles you should make a video on it
Apparently they are going to release a magnetic 8x8 though and that would be a first.
that would be cool just for people who enjoy casually solving big cubes

Kaiju_cube

magnetic 8x8 would be cool. I really don't like the 8x8's or 9x9's I have. Though I'm not crazy about the frosted look these have, (one of my issues with my 8x8 is they're both frosted.)

Surprised he didn't mention the MGC line. From 2x2 to 7x7 they're consistently, extremely good, magnetic, with great turning and feel. Maybe they're not considered "Budget Line" but I really didn't think of them as "High Dollar Flagships".

....actually I think Gan is really the only one I think of as really expensive cubes,.. and I guess Moyu sometimes. But even 'expensive' Moyu is usually a lot cheaper than Gan.

I'd like to try the new Diansheng Solar S 3x3, just for something new. (though to me it looks almost exactly like a Gan). Seems like solid colors and black internals are getting more and more popular.

...still want to pick up the new WRM 2021 also. (and the new Moyu 13x13)

So many new cubes so little time...

xyzzy

Just saw some pics of the WRM 2021 (~3 weeks old by now, not really "upcoming" lol), and it looks like it has ring-shaped magnets, similar to the Tengyun v1. Also similar to the Tengyun v1, it has primary internals.

I wonder if the actual turning is any similar.

Kaiju_cube

It's chinese translated, don't worry about it.

I never thought I'd see the day when Diansheng is releasing magnetic big cubes. But it is innovation in the non-WCA department.

my 8 and 9's (with the exception of my shengshou which are their own unique stickered ... thing) are the only big cubes I have I'm not 100% happy with. So I'm incredibly excited to see these stickerless 8 and 9 magnetics. I think they'll go well with the Moyu and MGC ones.

I hope so anyway.

Reactions: qwr

Tabe

WCA
2017TABA02
YouTube
Visit Channel
my 8 and 9's (with the exception of my shengshou which are their own unique stickered ... thing) are the only big cubes I have I'm not 100% happy with. So I'm incredibly excited to see these stickerless 8 and 9 magnetics. I think they'll go well with the Moyu and MGC ones.

I hope so anyway.
Yeah, they're really aren't any great 8s or 9s. The Yuxins have great turning but are too big and can't be magnetized. The Moyu 8 & 9 are both super-small but unstable when loose enough to be fast and still aren't great even when magnetic. The Shengshou Tank has good turning and can be magnetized but is still too big. The Cyclone Boys G8 is a decent compromise among all of them but still not great.

So, hopefully, the Dianshengs will at least be better than what we have now.

Zain_A24

YouTube
Visit Channel
What does that mean?
It's a new product. It's a WRM 2021 except without all the accessories (other than the adjustment tool) found in the regular WRM 2021.
Likely a way of competing directly with the Tornado V2. Good thinking from MoYu there, dropping the price by removing accessories instead of customisation/functionality.

LBr

WCA
2022FOGG01
the new diansheng and the tornado look like GAN wannabes, which I think is sad, but MoYu and YJ, who are some of the bigger companies, be themselves, release cubes that look like their own, and do very well with them. The smaller brand market is at risk of having the soul sucked out of them