• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Upcoming puzzles

qwr

YouTube
Visit Channel
New mat
wow that design is distracting and not pretty at all

2018AMSB02

Premium Member
WCA
2018AMSB02
YouTube
Visit Channel

Don’t know why I haven’t posted this yet, but myself and other FTO solvers are freaking out

On a long train journey, Smashin' PBs one a stop
YouTube
Visit Channel

Don’t know why I haven’t posted this yet, but myself and other FTO solvers are freaking out
57 bucks and that's on hknowstore!!
Imagine its price on tc or scs lol

xyzzy

why is this simple looking puzzle almost $70?
If it's an Icosamate, that's a deep-cut puzzle with a fairly intricate design, as I understand it.

You can't quite use a fully symmetrical 12-armed core (a megaminx's core) because all of the legal turns cut right through it. You can't cheat it like on a skewb by using a 6-armed core because there's no combination of six faces that remains invariant through all the legal turns. It also seems that there's no straightforward bandaging approach like in 2×2×2 designs (although I did find this post on some weird multi-level bandaging thingy that I don't really understand).