• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Upcoming puzzles

MJS Cubing

WCA
2019SULL02
YouTube
Visit Channel
Not really a puzzle, but at least now we can have our own shades for FTO. Might just be me that Likes them because I actually have my own scheme since I use stickered but whatever.

zslane

If they do make a 5x5 its likely to be similar to their 4x4...

That doesn't make sense to me. Since the GAN 460 M was released, their puzzles have evolved considerably. Every GAN puzzle that has come after has felt nothing at all like the 4x4. The trajectory of GAN puzzle development indicates pretty clearly that a 5x5 would be nothing at all like their 4x4.

D

Deleted member 55877

I literally do not care if gan will make a cube that is 10 grams, it will be about as stable as Yugoslavia in 1990 and feel the same as every cube since the 354 that came out nearly 3 years ago. If they do make a 5x5 its likely to be similar to their 4x4, decent outers and awful inners, no one is going to buy it except for gan fanboys and kids with daddys money.

In short, nothing will change in the meta if either of these things happen
lmao this deserves an award

MJS Cubing

WCA
2019SULL02
YouTube
Visit Channel
I literally do not care if gan will make a cube that is 10 grams, it will be about as stable as Yugoslavia in 1990 and feel the same as every cube since the 354 that came out nearly 3 years ago. If they do make a 5x5 its likely to be similar to their 4x4, decent outers and awful inners, no one is going to buy it except for gan fanboys and kids with daddys money.

In short, nothing will change in the meta if either of these things happen
I nominate this post for the 2021 forum awards!

Sub1Hour

WCA
2018BECK05
YouTube
Visit Channel
That doesn't make sense to me. Since the GAN 460 M was released, their puzzles have evolved considerably. Every GAN puzzle that has come after has felt nothing at all like the 4x4. The trajectory of GAN puzzle development indicates pretty clearly that a 5x5 would be nothing at all like their 4x4.
The problem with your argument is that no big cube development had taken place. Sure, the rest of their puzzles are alright, but that's not saying their big cubes will also be decent. The mechanisms of big cubes are completely different and unique from any other puzzle, so lack of experience in big cube design will most likely cause the 5x5 to be based on the 4x4.

Big cube design is much harder than smaller puzzles and side events, so I'm going to say that it will flop again unless they blatantly copy some other companies design (which I wouldn't put past them)

Also, their trajectory of the puzzle development has gone extremely downhill since the 460 came out. At least they tried to make new cubes back then, now the best they can do is put extra magnets in their cube.

zslane

Fair enough.

I don't like the 460 M, but I nevertheless remain curious to see what a GAN 5x5 might be like. I like all of GAN's recent puzzles, including their Megaminx, and prefer to remain optimistic that I would also like any new big puzzles from GAN.

qwr

YouTube
Visit Channel
I thought of a worse version of that, my idea was to have each magnet in a compartment where they could rattle around slightly. My problem with his is that I don't see how the spring can be attached to both magnets in each edge.
why do they both need to be on springs? I'm sure if you really tried you could do it with corners.
also wouldn't rattling magnets be annoying to listen to?

DNF_Cuber

why do they both need to be on springs? I'm sure if you really tried you could do it with corners.
also wouldn't rattling magnets be annoying to listen to?
yeah, it would be a little hard to fit multiple springs inside a corner though. also I said mine was a worse version of his idea.

Reactions: qwr

SH03L4C3

The orange centerpiece from your main 3x3
I thought of a worse version of that, my idea was to have each magnet in a compartment where they could rattle around slightly. My problem with his is that I don't see how the spring can be attached to both magnets in each edge.
I tried this in my skewb and it sucked. Harld noticeable and loud click sound. CYOUBX's version is hopefully much better

Milominx

Not really a puzzle, but at least now we can have our own shades for FTO. Might just be me that Likes them because I actually have my own scheme since I use stickered but whatever.
What is your color Scheme?