• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Upcoming puzzles

Nir1213

YouTube
Visit Channel
Ya every one has a dif op, for some reason the cube doesn't work for me it feels stretchy and the pieces pop apart, and for me it was unstable no matter what the tention was, its my least fav 3x3 I've ever owned, right behind the gan xs
Something felt lost to me compared to the original valk
:0 I use Rs3m

Q--

WCA
2019MCGA02
Well, I got the Qiyi Clock, its really good. I can answer pretty much any questions about it, but keep in mind I avg 15

BTW the clock itself dropped my avg from 19 to 15 without any practice, just showing how godly it is.
Can confirm, I also got it and went from 15 to sub 10 in a few days. I’d say this clock with setup would outclass any lingao.

Reactions: qwr

Skewb_Cube

Feliks seems impressed with the Gan 11 M Pro. Is it just me or does the plastic look glossy instead of frosted?

Is he using a stickerless cube?! Something is wrong...

Overall the cube looks really nice and looks different probably because of the white internals and the plastic.

1600181515122.png

Last edited:

zslane

Feliks seems impressed with the Gan...

Does that make him a "GAN fanboy"? Or does he get a pass from summary judgment because he's Feliks?

BTW, I hope the plastic isn't glossy. One of the things I like best about modern GANs is the matte plastic (along with the light weight).

SpeedyCube

BTW, I hope the plastic isn't glossy. One of the things I like best about modern GANs is the matte plastic (along with the light weight).

Same here. To me, glossy makes it look... cheap? Like a toy? Not like a piece of professional cubing equipment. I really like the look and feel of the matte finish.

SpeedyCube

New Rubik’s Speed Cube. It is similar to the older one except it is magnetic and comes lubed.
Source: Max Park’s YouTube

So, how does the actual Rubik’s brand speed cube compare to the flagship models, like the Gan 356 XS or the Valk 3 Elite M?

And, would I be correct in supposing it’s probably overpriced for what it is?

Nir1213

YouTube
Visit Channel
So, how does the actual Rubik’s brand speed cube compare to the flagship models, like the Gan 356 XS or the Valk 3 Elite M?

The new rubiks speed cube was a collaboration with gan and rubiks so of course it will be overpriced.

Skewb_Cube

It could be compared because in Max's video he gets a sub-5 single, but that doesn't tell much. It doesn't sound overpriced, @Nir1213 there was a collab with Gan, but it finished, so both brands launch the same cube, but with their own name. This new cube is $19.99.

Here it is a picture of it:

1600278524012.png

Last edited:

Nir1213

YouTube
Visit Channel
It could be compared because in Max's video he gets a sub-5 single, but that doesn't tell much. It doesn't sound overpriced, @Nir1213 there was a collab with Gan, but it finished, so both brands launch the same cube, but with their own name. This cube is $19.99.

Here it is a picture of it:

20 dollars way to much i prefer 10-15
and plus why would rubiks put "speed" in front of rubiks instead of the back.
It sounds like a lube for rubiks instead of a cube name lmao
RUBIKS SPEED
anyway i guess 20 dollars isnt alot for you
my mom thinks 5 dollars is really expensive

zslane

Does it have plastic tiles like the previous Rubik/GAN speedcube collab? Or are does it use stickers?

Skewb_Cube

20 dollars way to much i prefer 10-15
and plus why would rubiks put "speed" in front of rubiks instead of the back.
It sounds like a lube for rubiks instead of a cube name lmao
RUBIKS SPEED
anymay i guess 20 dollars isnt alot for you
my mom thinks 5 dollars is really expensive

Well, it is expensive compared to budget cubes, for example, the Thunderclap V3 M and the RS3 M 2020 are budget cubes and are really nice.

At least is just 1 dollar more than their old non magnetic speedcube.

20 dollars is a lot, but is good that it isn't to expensive compared to their old speed cube.

Last edited:

Nir1213

YouTube
Visit Channel
Well, it is compared to budget cubes, for example, the Thunderclap V3 M and the RS3 M 2020 are budget cubes and are really nice.

At least is just 1 dollar more than their old non magnetic speedcube.
imo cubes shouldnt be as expensive as buying a big cabinet (im looking at you gan)
or 4 gallons of juice (sorry couldnt think of anything) (im looking at you, rubiks speed)
Oh, $20 isn't bad when I was thinking of the $45-$60 range. I’m interested in seeing how it compares to the flagship models I mentioned earlier. If anyone tried it out, please report back here and let us know!
ur serious right

Skewb_Cube

imo cubes shouldnt be as expensive as buying a big cabinet (im looking at you gan)
or 4 gallons of juice (sorry couldnt think of anything) (im looking at you, rubiks speed)

ur serious right

You are right, but they probably just put that price due to the material used, or maybe they just want money.