• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Upcoming puzzles

qwr

YouTube
Visit Channel
You have to wonder why they bothered with this. I don't think anyone complains about 2x2 size.
I would love to know if it's even possible to improve 2x2 at all when we have the weipo, dayan, xinghen, chuwen, ...

Last edited:

qwr

YouTube
Visit Channel
Have you ever used a 49 mm 2x2? It’s awful, all 2x2s should be 51 mm+ IMO.
No, all my 2x2s are 50 mm, from wittwo to my weipo to my little magic 2x2.

LOTS of people want bigger 2x2s. Hence the reason why the Valk and MGC are 51mm.
Then they can just sell two models of the same cube... but if the performance with the adjusting mechanism is up there with the weipo then there's nothing wrong with it.
I'm just surprised they haven't done a dual adjustment system or adjustable magnets first.

qwr

YouTube
Visit Channel

The adjustment mechanism is basically a crown gear / ratchet system like the dual adjustment system.

Rowe liked the bigger size (expected because of his massive hands) but he didn't say much about the overall feel. I want to know how it compares in feel and performance to a Weipo or other modern 2x2.

Sion

ah yes! they did some changes to the base design! notice how the foot is only a single track.

Also, look at the corner underside; the magnets in the corner seem to be attached to rods that look to be interchangeable.

Skewb_Cube

Also, look at the corner underside; the magnets in the corner seem to be attached to rods that look to be interchangeable.

For now it only seems to have purple rods, but probably it will have green or yellow rods too. Gan probably will make 1000 cubes with that design except that the name will change.

Sion

For now it only seems to have purple rods, but probably it will have green or yellow rods too. Gan probably will make 1000 cubes with that design except that the name will change.

It's a design change regardless. they aren't using the multi-foot design again, and I think that's pretty substantial.

D

Deleted member 54663

How much will the GAN 11 M Pro be? I'm maining an overlubed valk elite, is it worth it?

Sub1Hour

WCA
2018BECK05
YouTube
Visit Channel
IMO the valk elite is trash i recommend just getting the Rs3M or the Qiyi MS
IMO you are wrong, the Valk elite has an amazing blend of stability and speed, not to mention the awesome magnet system to give your cube a very tactile feel. The MS is too finicky and it has too many quirks that are polarizing for many cubers, so the Valk Elite would be a safer choice

PetraPine

YouTube
Visit Channel
IMO you are wrong, the Valk elite has an amazing blend of stability and speed, not to mention the awesome magnet system to give your cube a very tactile feel. The MS is too finicky and it has too many quirks that are polarizing for many cubers, so the Valk Elite would be a safer choice
Ya every one has a dif op, for some reason the cube doesn't work for me it feels stretchy and the pieces pop apart, and for me it was unstable no matter what the tention was, its my least fav 3x3 I've ever owned, right behind the gan xs
Something felt lost to me compared to the original valk