• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Upcoming puzzles

Skewb_Cube

wow I can't believe this cube digivolves

Also this video is basically showcasing its size-changing feature, which Moyu teased forever ago. The size starts at 50 mm and you can adjust it in 0.75 mm increments, up to 51.5 mm.

So basically is a 2x2 that changes size.

qwr

YouTube
Visit Channel
This appeared as a new release on Cubezz, but it looks like an older cube (except that it is V2): https://cubezz.com/Buy-6264-DaYan+LingYun+V2+3x3x3+Magic+Cube+Black.html

Just for fun I bought this for my old cubes collection. It really is a Dayan LingYun in the sky blue box. Feels just like a Guhong, and pieces look like one too. Maybe the plastic is a little different but I only have white Guhong for comparison.
There's just something satisfying about using an old crunchy cube that almost looks like a Rubik's brand. Also interesting is that my Guhongs and Zhanchi are 57 mm but this is a more normal size of 56 mm.

Last edited:

rubik2005

Rubiks Smart cube ($50 pre-order sale) and a GoCube ($70 pre-order sale) at the TheCubicle

Skewb_Cube

Rubiks Smart cube ($50 pre-order sale) and a GoCube ($70 pre-order sale) at the TheCubicle

I think people could qualify to the Red Bull Rubik's Cube Cup 2020 by using and submitting your times with those cubes.

2018AMSB02

Premium Member
WCA
2018AMSB02
YouTube
Visit Channel
Source? I've only seen this cube mentioned one other time and people were sort of treating it like it was a joke so I'm still not sure if it's real.

Ok, so I originally posted about the Gan X 99, but then SCS posted on Instagram that that was not real and there has been misinformation, but in reality a gan 11 m pro is on the way.

In other news, QiYi is releasing a XMD 2x2

http://instagr.am/p/CEtTP-5DOXF/

They are also releasing a new cube bad and a Qimeng S from their latest posts

Skewb_Cube

Ok, so I originally posted about the Gan X 99, but then SCS posted on Instagram that that was not real and there has been misinformation, but in reality a gan 11 m pro is on the way.

In other news, QiYi is releasing a XMD 2x2

http://instagr.am/p/CEtTP-5DOXF/

They are also releasing a new cube bad and a Qimeng S from their latest posts

The 2x2 looks like it will have exchangeable magnets or something similar.

qwr

YouTube
Visit Channel
TheCubicle now has the Qidi W for $4 and premium versions of the Yuhu v2.

The issue I had with the Qidi (original) is some minor internal catching. I think the Qidi S had the same issue but I don't own it. Otherwise the heavy feel of the cube is very nice and doesn't feel cheap at all.

cuber314159

The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Norther...
WCA
2016EVAN06
YouTube
Visit Channel
The issue I had with the Qidi (original) is some minor internal catching. I think the Qidi S had the same issue but I don't own it. Otherwise the heavy feel of the cube is very nice and doesn't feel cheap at all.
I'm pretty sure the qidi s was just the stickerless version and for some reason the wholesale price was higher.

Sub1Hour

WCA
2018BECK05
YouTube
Visit Channel

I see literally no difference from the original except the design on the outside of the bag.
There is no difference, I have the original bag and it’s served me well for around 2 years now, if you already have the v1 or moyu bag there isn’t a reason to upgrade.

PS. Cut out the mesh thing on the bottom, it only makes it harder to get cubes out.