• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Upcoming puzzles

BenChristman1

WCA
2019CHRI11
SS Competition Results
Shengshou 19x19 on TheCubicle for pre-order at $1,000! :eek:

VIBE_ZT

WCA
2018TRUD02

Heaven on Earth, that is absurd lol. I am amazed by this. ShengShou (SengSo now?) has been putting out some crazy stuff recently lol. I can only imagine how that must be to construct.... and just design.... and oh god what happens when it pops.....

cuber314159

The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Norther...
WCA
2016EVAN06
YouTube
Visit Channel

I was spot on with my prediction then...

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200803_090355.jpg
    Screenshot_20200803_090355.jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 36

Wish Lin

WCA
2018LINW02
Maybe Asian people have skin that works better with frosted plastic than white people have.
Well, I am an Asian and I think that’s not the case. Many cubers that I know here in Taiwan hates frosted plastic as well because they slip. (Including me)

The true reason why cube companies uses frosted plastic is because they can hide scratches on the cube’s surface, because the scratches blend in with the frosted surface and becomes less visible.

One Wheel

WCA
2016BAIR04
Well, I am an Asian and I think that’s not the case. Many cubers that I know here in Taiwan hates frosted plastic as well because they slip. (Including me)

The true reason why cube companies uses frosted plastic is because they can hide scratches on the cube’s surface, because the scratches blend in with the frosted surface and becomes less visible.
Fair enough. It was a guess, but your explanation makes sense too, and I'm white with no Asian friends to ask.

qwr

YouTube
Visit Channel
Maybe Asian people have skin that works better with frosted plastic than white people have.

It's pretty silly hypothesis but interestingly enough east asians tend to have almost no armpit odor and deodorant is unnecessary. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ABCC11 But I still think there is the same amount of sweat.

Dan told me he no longer makes Youtube videos and is no longer sponsored.
Sad but expected. Only reason I brought it up is because of this post from May. http://instagr.am/p/CAD0g7rjCop/

This is weird reasoning because I've never met anyone who has complained about their glossy cube having very minor scratches, but I do hear all the time about people having their cubes slip out of their hands.