• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Upcoming puzzles

Doctor Hedron

YouTube
Visit Channel
Oh boy, here we go. The first ever listing of the Shengshou 19x19 has it for $740 USD.

(credit to reddit user apcubes for the discovery of this)

Disclaimer: do NOT buy it from there. This is for reference only. The seller is legit but is well known to have unreasonable prices. The cube WILL be cheaper in other Chinese stores, and they'll have it by the time his "preorder" changes to actual sales. However, I can actually see $700-750 being the retail price in overseas stores (US, Europe).

Kkn4lNN.png

Spacey10

YouTube
Visit Channel
Oh boy, here we go. The first ever listing of the Shengshou 19x19 has it for $740 USD.

(credit to reddit user apcubes for the discovery of this)

Disclaimer: do NOT buy it from there. This is for reference only. The seller is legit but is well known to have unreasonable prices. The cube WILL be cheaper in other Chinese stores, and they'll have it by the time his "preorder" changes to actual sales. However, I can actually see $700-750 being the retail price in overseas stores (US, Europe).

Kkn4lNN.png
Also, if you decide to buy from there, you get an awesome fast rate of shipping! it arrives in only 7 and a ½ months!

BradyLawrence

WCA
2019LAWR02
YouTube
Visit Channel
I wish I had the money to drop seven hundred dollars on a giant cube. (technically I do in savings but I'm not going to. I'm not even willing to spend $60 on a GAN puzzle. I'm not that hardcore. yet.)
Yeah, I'm in the same boat. I have the money, but don't want to spend it on a 19x19 that I will probably only solve a few times.

AbsoRuud

WCA
2019POLL04
YouTube
Visit Channel
Also, if you decide to buy from there, you get an awesome fast rate of shipping! it arrives in only 7 and a ½ months!
I've ordered from aliexpress nearly 200 times. The average shipping time is prolly about 1 month. It doesn't take 7.5 months. And most of the time my packages are waiting inside my own country for 3-4 weeks before they are sent to me, which makes the time between China and Netherlands around 2 weeks. Shipping times are also decreasing lately, due to new shipping channels having opened up between Europe and Asia.

So feel free to order from aliexpress, but be prepared to wait a month, maybe two, and pay hefty taxes since you are importing something from outside your own country. This doesn't apply to people from China. :)

Spacey10

YouTube
Visit Channel
I've ordered from aliexpress nearly 200 times. The average shipping time is prolly about 1 month. It doesn't take 7.5 months. And most of the time my packages are waiting inside my own country for 3-4 weeks before they are sent to me, which makes the time between China and Netherlands around 2 weeks. Shipping times are also decreasing lately, due to new shipping channels having opened up between Europe and Asia.

So feel free to order from aliexpress, but be prepared to wait a month, maybe two, and pay hefty taxes since you are importing something from outside your own country. This doesn't apply to people from China. :)
Sorry, It was mostly a joke
I said this because my experiences were horrible with AliExpress.
I ordered a 10 dollar fidget spinner from AliExpress (don't judge bro I was tiny) and it took 4 whole months

Doctor Hedron

YouTube
Visit Channel
I ordered a 10 dollar fidget spinner from AliExpress (don't judge bro I was tiny) and it took 4 whole months

During that fidget spinner craze, a guy I know decided to get one. He was like, "I'm a grown adult with a job, I can perfectly afford to buy it locally instead of waiting for a month for some cheap bootleg version to ship from China!". He found some really overpriced one, paid extra for it to be delivered right to his office on the same day, it was smth like $20 total.

He managed to break it not even 24 hours later.

Last edited:

Tabe

WCA
2017TABA02
YouTube
Visit Channel
I've had good luck with my handful of orders from there. My most recent was a Moyu 15x15. The seller guaranteed delivery in like 2 weeks or it would be free. I was thinking "SWEET! There's no way it's getting here in 2 weeks! Free 15x15 for me!" Yeah, never been so disappointed to have a puzzle arrive faster than promised.

AbsoRuud

WCA
2019POLL04
YouTube
Visit Channel
I've had good luck with my handful of orders from there. My most recent was a Moyu 15x15. The seller guaranteed delivery in like 2 weeks or it would be free. I was thinking "SWEET! There's no way it's getting here in 2 weeks! Free 15x15 for me!" Yeah, never been so disappointed to have a puzzle arrive faster than promised.
Imagine getting a free 15x15. That's a free 225. Seriously, do the math. :)

zslane

1178, I believe.

There are no "pieces" in the interior of the cube. You can think of it as a puzzle with full 15x15 (225 piece) layers on, say, the F and B layers. But all the layers in between (13 of them) are only 56 pieces each. So: (225 x 2) + (56 x 13) = 1178.

thorsilver

1178, I believe.

There are no "pieces" in the interior of the cube. You can think of it as a puzzle with full 15x15 (225 piece) layers on, say, the F and B layers. But all the layers in between (13 of them) are only 56 pieces each. So: (225 x 2) + (56 x 13) = 1178.

That reminds me of the Double Circle Real 6x6, what an amazing cube. A full 6x6 block of cubies would have a 6x6 as the outer layer, and within that a 4x4, and within that a 2x2. The Double Circle Real 6x6 actually includes those internal theoretical cubies and simulates them using some creative piece types and very complex mechanism.

I'd love to have that cube, but it's only 3D-printed and costs $1,300:eek: Just imagine how much the Double Circle Real 15x15 would cost!