• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Upcoming puzzles

Sub1Hour

WCA
2018BECK05
YouTube
Visit Channel
On the Gan Beta Testing Page, they state you could win a GAN Bluetooth timer. By the looks of it, it connects to the I/Play?
View attachment 12952
Why does that timer look like its carved from a purple mattress?
1595463309685.png
Also the qiyi one looks like someone slapped a different cover on a regular speedstacks timer.

Not gonna lie, the full size YJ timer is probably the best timer you can get since the reset and off buttons are on the side, making timer resets basically impossible to do accidentally.

qwr

YouTube
Visit Channel
The QiYi ones looks good quality. If they can beat regular SpeedStacks timers which sometimes glitch and go for $30 (QiYi could probably sell them for half) then it'll be worth it and I might pick one up.

Does WCA allow other timers?

Sub1Hour

WCA
2018BECK05
YouTube
Visit Channel
The QiYi ones looks good quality. If they can beat regular SpeedStacks timers which sometimes glitch and go for $30 (QiYi could probably sell them for half) then it'll be worth it and I might pick one up.

I'm not sure but I have never seen any other timer used in comp so I think it could be illegal. I would highly recommend the full size (not the pocket one) YJ timer though since timer resets are virtually removed due to the buttons being on the side and not the face

cuber314159

The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Norther...
WCA
2016EVAN06
YouTube
Visit Channel

No the WCA doesn't currently allow any other timers but I think the reasoning for that is reliability so I suspect if the QiYi ones can be shown to be as reliable as speedstacks ones then maybe the WCA will allow them.

Spacey10

YouTube
Visit Channel
Any word on this by now?
Some people are saying Kylin v3 and factory magnetized YLM.
That would be a big hit.
Wait, now I think about it, this was announced about 1 or 2 weeks after the MS, technically one of the best budget magnetic cubes which world class speedcubers are mainjng, then the RS3M was announced, then this post. I am heavily thinking flagship level budget cube. Whatever it is, it ends in 3, so that just supports this theory. Sorry if I got the order wrong tho

Nmile7300

WCA
2019MILE04
YouTube
Visit Channel
Any word on this by now?
Some people are saying Kylin v3 and factory magnetized YLM.
That would be a big hit.
Wait, now I think about it, this was announced about 1 or 2 weeks after the MS, technically one of the best budget magnetic cubes which world class speedcubers are mainjng, then the RS3M was announced, then this post. I am heavily thinking flagship level budget cube. Whatever it is, it ends in 3, so that just supports this theory. Sorry if I got the order wrong tho
It is a 13x13, look at the reflection.