• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Upcoming puzzles

2018AMSB02

Premium Member
WCA
2018AMSB02
YouTube
Visit Channel
hi I currently main the angstrom wrm and the tengyun I tern to like slower cubes and dont like gan cubes any suggestions. Also should I get a gts2m or gts3m beause I want a refresh.

GTS cubes are very similar to WRM cubes, so I wouldn’t recommend them if you want something different. I main Tengyun and GTS3M, but a good slower cube would the QiYi Thunderclap V3M or the Valk Power M, both really good cubes. Also you can buy qiyi lube for very cheap on the cubicle, and it’s slows cubes down.

DerpBoiMoon

YouTube
Visit Channel
An MGC 4x4 sounds like it's either the best cube in the market or a major disappointment. 4x4 hardware are famously not so good and there had been many disappointments in 4x4 history (We are looking at you Aosu GTS1 and The Valk 4 M). I never tried any 4x4 hardware but I heard things are not consistent in terms of size and inner layer performance. So let's hope an MGC 4x4 gets rid of all the jokes of 4x4 hardware like the MGC 6x6 did for 6x6 hardware.

P.S: I am aware that there are many people who really like The Valk 4 M and even use it as their main. I am saying it is a disappointment as the reception of the cube is rather mixed as there are people who really did not like its performance.

You stole the words right fro y mouth

Sion

>lip that holds the inners and outers.

Did YJ literally just patent the Xcube mechanism for 4x4? Every inner 4x4 has a lip on it that holds it in place.

If they are talking about what I think I’m taking about, YJ very well might just end up becoming the vcube of this decade.

Side note: it’s interesting that they went with a spherical design, which is smoother, but usually more unstable.

Last edited:

Sion

Is that bad or good? I can't really understand what you mean by vcube of this decade. Also, what does that inner lip mean for the mechanism, is it more stable or something? I apologise for my ignorance.

It’s perfectly fine.
I think they are referring to the inner edge mechanism that holds the outer edges in place, which is very similar to a wing flange design on moyu cubes, and is on every competitive 4x4, as the wing flange is what’s holding them in place.

AbsoRuud

WCA
2019POLL04
YouTube
Visit Channel
It’s perfectly fine.
I think they are referring to the inner edge mechanism that holds the outer edges in place, which is very similar to a wing flange design on moyu cubes, and is on every competitive 4x4, as the wing flange is what’s holding them in place.
So there's a good chance we're looking at an Aosu WRM like 4x4x4 but at half the cost.

2018AMSB02

Premium Member
WCA
2018AMSB02
YouTube
Visit Channel
Not sure if anyone is interested but here is a photo:

29c4a555267f59ff3421a8e01dfe7490.jpg