• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Upcoming puzzles

C

Cubinwitdapizza

The Temporus clock is out, and its $75
Wow that’s really sad. It’s already sold out, and it’s 75 dollars?!?!?! WTH cubicle.

The FitnessGram Pacer Test is a multi stage...
The Temporus clock is out, and its $75
I’m willing to pay $75, but I missed the window. Did you get one @Kit Clement?

GenTheSnail

WCA
2016GEEN01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I think it's pretty hilarious that none of the major companies picked up on the intense desire for a new clock so the cubicle decided to cash in.

but I would definitely have considered buying one if it was in the $20 range. 75 is way to high for an event I don't even know if i like.

Sergey

By bringing out a product that purports to be so much better than the only other option, aren't The Cubicle basically setting the price to be competitive at clock at $75?

Isn't this going to turn more folks away from the event than it attracts?
Imo, $75 is absolutely normal price for the handmade small batch products.

Sergey

No doubt, but if you were a new cuber looking for an event you wanted to be competitive in, would you choose clock now that the price of a level playing field is $75?
Fortunately, $75 is not the only option for the clock. Yes, there is no similar wide range like for the other factory puzzles, but there is a budget option for the start. And there is a next level which involves either selfmade or others' mods cheaper then $75.

VIBE_ZT

WCA
2018TRUD02
With the Ångstrom clock, I think many of you are forgetting that this is THE top-notch clock. It is literally an Ångstrom product. You wouldn't look at the Ångstrom Gan X and say "aw, thats too expensive, look out for the poor/cheap people in the cubing community!"

An amazing amout of work, research, blood-sweat-n-tears went into this clock. It is the highest-of-high technology at the moment. Of course its going to be expenive. It's technically meant for the best-of-the-best; the record-breakers.

You can still perform amazingly with a "traditional" magnetic LingAo clock, at literally half the cost. That's what I'll be doing for the time being, at least. If you want amazing quality, you gotta pay for it.

Hazel

Premium Member
No doubt, but if you were a new cuber looking for an event you wanted to be competitive in, would you choose clock now that the price of a level playing field is $75?
Fortunately, $75 is not the only option for the clock. Yes, there is no similar wide range like for the other factory puzzles, but there is a budget option for the start. And there is a next level which involves either selfmade or others' mods cheaper then $75.

Sergey is right - there are multiple people such as TipsterTrickster on this forum who sell fully set-up and magnetised LingAo clocks for less than half the price of the Angstrom :)
And the store-bought LingAo is always an option...

C

Cubinwitdapizza

Hey, so for the debate I made another thread on this, so this can be moved there.

OreKehStrah

YouTube
Visit Channel
By bringing out a product that purports to be so much better than the only other option, aren't The Cubicle basically setting the price to be competitive at clock at $75?

Isn't this going to turn more folks away from the event than it attracts?
No. The original Weilong GTSM was $50. It was the first of its kind, and so the cost covers the materials, labor, and most importantly research effort. Over time the price will lower if other companies begin to produce clocks like this, since we can get $10 magnetic cubes these days

OreKehStrah

YouTube
Visit Channel
Fair enough, I will retract my previous statements. Let's hope other companies produce products for the clock hungry.
There’s no way other companies won’t take notice. I mean, $75 clocks selling out in like an hour? Companies have to notice demand and profitability there!