• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 35,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Upcoming puzzles

OreKehStrah

By bringing out a product that purports to be so much better than the only other option, aren't The Cubicle basically setting the price to be competitive at clock at $75?

Isn't this going to turn more folks away from the event than it attracts?
No. The original Weilong GTSM was $50. It was the first of its kind, and so the cost covers the materials, labor, and most importantly research effort. Over time the price will lower if other companies begin to produce clocks like this, since we can get $10 magnetic cubes these days

OreKehStrah

Fair enough, I will retract my previous statements. Let's hope other companies produce products for the clock hungry.
There’s no way other companies won’t take notice. I mean, $75 clocks selling out in like an hour? Companies have to notice demand and profitability there!

Aerma

Premium Member
WCA
2015MANN01
YouTube
Visit Channel
20 of the clocks were sold so far. If we assume they'll sell all 90 of the next sock (I'm sure they will), that's $8,250 of income, minus expenses! Maybe they can put some of the profits towards a V2 eventually ;D

One Wheel

WCA
2016BAIR04
20 of the clocks were sold so far. If we assume they'll sell all 90 of the next sock (I'm sure they will), that's $8,250 of income, minus expenses! Maybe they can put some of the profits towards a V2 eventually ;D
$8,250 gross, not net. As somebody running a business myself that kind of money disappears terrifyingly quickly. According to https://www.manta.com/c/mbynx0j/cubicle-us (can’t get the link to work, and it’s a pretty rough estimate anyway) TheCubicle’s annual revenue is about $1.1 million (which seems low to me, unless it’s net rather than gross). Either way $8,250 represents about 2.7 days worth of revenue.

$8,250 gross, not net. As somebody running a business myself that kind of money disappears terrifyingly quickly. According to https://www.manta.com/c/mbynx0j/cubicle-us (can’t get the link to work, and it’s a pretty rough estimate anyway) TheCubicle’s annual revenue is about $1.1 million (which seems low to me, unless it’s net rather than gross). Either way $8,250 represents about 2.7 days worth of revenue.
Just curious, do cubicle employees earn enough to make it their full-time job?

One Wheel

WCA
2016BAIR04
Just curious, do cubicle employees earn enough to make it their full-time job?
I would assume so, it’s definitely more than a hobby at this point. I believe that Phil Yu has stated that he considers that he takes home a comfortable salary. I wouldn’t imagine his employees make as much as he does, but I would imagine they get paid a living wage.

I would assume so, it’s definitely more than a hobby at this point. I believe that Phil Yu has stated that he considers that he takes home a comfortable salary. I wouldn’t imagine his employees make as much as he does, but I would imagine they get paid a living wage.
Thing is, I'm pretty sure that TC has a decent amount of full-time employees, plus taxes, building expenses, etc.

The FitnessGram Pacer Test is a multi stage...
Thing is, I'm pretty sure that TC has a decent amount of full-time employees, plus taxes, building expenses, etc.
It’s not like a lot of full-time employees are the reason for building expenses. The Cubicle only takes on more employees because they can. They wouldn’t if they couldn’t, and they would make their business model smaller as a result.