• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Upcoming puzzles

Sergey

Internals...

http://instagr.am/p/B3CwhqVpGCu/
69648386_2462841087372507_8694393339212648002_n.jpg

release date mentioned 10/12/19.

Last edited:

Sion

Doesn't anyone else feel that Gan might go into a legal dispute with moyu based off of Gan stealing their compression and magnet adjustment systems?

Parke187

Yeah gan straight up just copied moyu's stuff, I never really liked gan but this is really scummy.

Iwannaganx

If this is the same magnet system as the EDM, Gan could get sued by moyu. Emphasis on could. But the cubing community is all about sharing knowledge and helping everyone to improve, right? And even though both of them are big business, and we don't know if gan had permission, or if it was a happy coincidence, it's about sharing the knowledge.

GAN 356 X

If this is the same magnet system as the EDM, Gan could get sued by moyu. Emphasis on could. But the cubing community is all about sharing knowledge and helping everyone to improve, right? And even though both of them are big business, and we don't know if gan had permission, or if it was a happy coincidence, it's about sharing the knowledge.
It has 3 settings compared to Moyu's 2. I think the spring compression was a step in the right direction

Sion

Maybe i will get the XS. My only question is will the magnets change strength within solves like the EDM supposedly did

I own an edm. It does happen occasionally if you are a sloppy turner, but it is honestly barely noticeable mid solve, and it’s easy to set back. It’s only an issue if you prefer the stronger magnet option.

That said, I’d still get the EDM anyway because it is basically everything that the Gan XS is but on an actually updated modern design (that isn’t just honeycombs on a base model that has been used since 2015), and only costs $25.