• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Upcoming puzzles

GAN 356 X

No. In fact, Maru is one of THE OLDEST cubing brands out there, starting about a decade ago. They are in the era where all big cube companies now don't exist. They just don't design cubes but rather only retailing them in the past years so you don't know them. They had a 3x3 called CX3 before, not so good but come on, they released it in before 2015.
Ok. No wonder.

cuber314159

The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Norther...
WCA
2016EVAN06
YouTube
Visit Channel
YJ YuFu v2 M or Yuxin Little Magic M 7x7, which one would you recommend?
I would have to recommend the yuxin little magic but I'm not sure if it counts as budget, I think it might have to be in the 'great' category. The yufu V2M definitely counts as budget and is definitely better than all the other budget 7x7s that k have tried.

Sion

I tried a CM3. I personally wasn't impressed.

It had a really cheap and hard plasticy feel like its sibling the cx3. I was surprised to learn that it was magnetic after the fact; you can barely feel them.

I mean, it's new, but I certainly wouldn't say it's better or as good as a Valk or an X.

Wish Lin

WCA
2018LINW02
I tried a CM3. I personally wasn't impressed.

It had a really cheap and hard plasticy feel like its sibling the cx3. I was surprised to learn that it was magnetic after the fact; you can barely feel them.

I mean, it's new, but I certainly wouldn't say it's better or as good as a Valk or an X.
Where did you try it? I am really curious.

The one I tried is really good, maybe it just need some break in.

Last edited:
WCA
2023FUKU01

Sion

I hate to be the rotten apple, but I think GAN is pulling an Apple move on this.

The GAN robot only works on a GAN356i, and I'm more than confident that most people that actually know about the GAN i aren't at a stage to where they will need a robot that can solve it optimally.

If this accessory only works on a cube which is already overpriced compared to its main competition, I really don't see the point in any cuber actually buying this. I would've personally wanted to see an improved 4x4 design more than this, which I know could've certainly been developed between today and the release of the 356x.

Edit: this wouldn't even work as a scrambler for WCA-Scramble sessions since it can't even use U or D moves, meaning this is no better than hand scrambling, which is something that takes me no more than three-five seconds to actually do.

Last edited:

GAN 356 X

Have you ever thought to yourself, "boy, it takes me so long to scramble my GAN 356i, I wish there was a machine that would help me scramble this cube (and only this cube!) in about 15 seconds, not including the time it takes me to load it into the machine, turn it on and hook it up to an app. I sure hope that it can't do 'U' turns or 'M' slices because I don't need it to do them, but I would appreciate it if GAN teased different color options at a later date as those would really benefit my overall cubing experience and would in no way hint at the level of shallow vapidness this company is obvioulsly sinking to..." No? Didn't think so.

"To be everywhere is to be nowhere"... That's exactly where this company is going...
Scrambling a 3x3 only takes me under 10 seconds.... really, I don't know why Gan would make such a thing. If they continue with these sorts of things, they will end up like Dayan and Fanxin, with very little support from the cubing community. What we need from Gan is new innovative ideas (not robots that solve cubes that will probably be waaaaay overpriced and unnaffordable to most cubers) like their GES system and GMS that is unique to Gan. Honestly, I think they should adopt Moyu's system used on the gts3m, and go from there.

Like Dayan had its days of glory where every cuber used them, Gan will only follow if they continue along this path.

walken

Why would you buy a Gan product when you are a beginner anyway?

Not related but the scrambler/bot, but I'm one of these people who got themselves a Gan X after decades of never having more than a rubiks brand (which I knew how to solve, but didn't use all that often, because I'm not a masochist).

Having a nice cube doesn't make one instantly faster, but it's enjoyable (so smooth, so quiet) and it makes me want to spend more time cubing. I'm in my 40s and the cost of the cube doesn't make much of a difference - frankly, there are many hobbies one could have that are a lot more expensive than cubing.