• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Unpopular Opinions: Cubing

DavidWoner

The Punchmaster
WCA
2008WONE01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I knew it was an unpopular opinion. :) I think if Erik can be top 10 with essentially AvG, when he doesn't even practice all that much any more, it must be at least very close to as good as freeslice (for 5x5x5, anyway; it does seem like getting extra pairings for free in freeslice makes it worse for bigger cubes).

Freepair != freeslice

H

Hershey

I don't really care what Feliks says, Roux is just as good as CFOP.

Mike Hughey

Administrator
Staff member
WCA
2007HUGH01
SS Competition Results
YouTube
Visit Channel
Freepair != freeslice
Sorry, I'm stupid. I can't believe I quoted it and still read it wrong. It's been a bad day for me for BLD too. Sorry.

On man this thread has got confusing, I needto edit my first post make it clear that I don't agree with my statements.
When I first posted here, I had my statements turned around because I thought it was asking for statements you didn't agree with. I'm not sure why, because judging from the title and original post, it seems quite clear it's supposed to be statements you do agree with. Like I say, it's been a bad day for me. :)

Andreaillest

Premium Member
WCA
2012PANY02
YouTube
Visit Channel
Andreaillest's ss 4x4 might be bad but mine is somehow amazing

I never really said it was bad. My point in that statement is that I really don't like the feel of ShengShous. I can understand why people like it, but it just doesn't fit my preferences. I still think my mini qj is better.

Last edited:

brandbest1

WCA
2011LINB01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Beginners shouldn't use good cubes.
You shouldn't learn OLL until you're close to sub-20.

Edit: wait, I missunderstood, I thought we were supposed to post comments we didn't agree with. Just to be clear I think the statements above are complete bull****.

I realized this is kind of old, but...

I totally disagree with the second statement. I started to learn full OLL and PLL when I wasn't even sub-40. And when I was, I had full PLL down.

Jungleterrain

I dunno how many agree/disagree, but feetsolving is a step to far (no pun intended).

Yeah I agree with this

mine is amazing

lemme try... the guhong is an awful piece of junk

no srsly i fricken hate it

You must have received a defective GuHong and I must have received the absolute best GuHong... because it is a good cube.