• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

UK Cube Association

Mollerz

Swag Overlord
WCA
2011MOLL01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Something like this?
similar.png

I was looking more towards having something British in the logo, like the flag or an outline of the UK. Of course, it's not even going to represent me, so I really have no say in it :p

Would you be interested in something like what is in this post?

This one looks much better, much more professional, but again that's because it is taken from probably a professional company. Like I said before, I think the UK flag in the logo looks extremely tacky, but that doesn't mean they cannot be subtly added to add colour to the logo. I don't actually like that logo, being honest again. Ollie was just putting forth the idea that we need simplicity or minimalism and was showing a good example of that.

kinch2002

Premium Member
WCA
2009SHEP01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I agree generally with the way things are going now logo-wise. Something small and fairly simple and obviously incorporating red blue and white. theZcuber thanks for your efforts they can be considered should we need a banner for the site.

blakedacuber

Premium Member
WCA
2010BOWE01
YouTube
Visit Channel

kinch2002

Premium Member
WCA
2009SHEP01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Yeah that's cool. Maybe face the cube right instead? (I'm sure you know what I mean :p) And colour it a little? What do people think about trying to recreate that? Or we could ask Michael/Charlie whether they have an electronic copy somewhere

BillyRain

Premium Member
WCA
2012JEFF01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Hey guys,

Please find below some 15 minute mock ups of what I think you are after.

Let me know if I am on the right track, which one you like better and if you have some ideas to add to it!

Hope you like.

draft1.jpg

draft2.jpg

draft3.jpg

Attachments

• draft1.jpg
    draft1.jpg
    235.8 KB · Views: 8
  • draft1.jpg
    draft1.jpg
    171.7 KB · Views: 7
  • draft2.jpg
    draft2.jpg
    172.4 KB · Views: 7
  • draft3.jpg
    draft3.jpg
    171.8 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:

MaeLSTRoM

WCA
2011WALL02
YouTube
Visit Channel
15...Minutes....
o_O You have some crazy image skills.

I think I prefer the first one out of those 3, could you possibly do one where the UKCA letters extend over the whole face, and maybe without the lines on that face? So that the one side just says 'UKCA'? (I think I explained that well? :/ )

BillyRain

Premium Member
WCA
2012JEFF01
YouTube
Visit Channel
15...Minutes....
o_O You have some crazy image skills.

I think I prefer the first one out of those 3, could you possibly do one where the UKCA letters extend over the whole face, and maybe without the lines on that face? So that the one side just says 'UKCA'? (I think I explained that well? :/ )

Haha! I think I know what you mean.. like have a plain solid face with UKCA on it? It could work.. but I think removing the cubie lines might mess up the flow a little.. I'd have to improvise a way to make it look natural and that will be difficult.. I can try if you like? But im not sure you'll like the end result lol. I think its a good idea to keep the cubies like on the UKM shirt.

MaeLSTRoM

WCA
2011WALL02
YouTube
Visit Channel
Haha! I think I know what you mean.. like have a plain solid face with UKCA on it? It could work.. but I think removing the cubie lines might mess up the flow a little.. I'd have to improvise a way to make it look natural and that will be difficult.. I can try if you like? But im not sure you'll like the end result lol. I think its a good idea to keep the cubies like on the UKM shirt.

Yeah, I can understand how it would look weird, if you could give it a go all the same though? I think its worth exhausting all the options so we can make a good choice on a logo.

CharlieCooper

Premium Member
WCA
2007COOP01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Yeah that's cool. Maybe face the cube right instead? (I'm sure you know what I mean :p) And colour it a little? What do people think about trying to recreate that? Or we could ask Michael/Charlie whether they have an electronic copy somewhere

I HEARD MY NAME?

This was done at my end, I'll have a hunt for an electronic copy when I get home and let you know.