• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

~Adam~

WCA
2011GREE03
There was talk of an Irish comp in Feb but it hasn't been announced yet.
I'm hoping that Dan arranges another Guilford comp for summer but I realise that it is a lot of work which nobody else seems willing to under take so I'm content to wait for Uk Open 2012 and save for a Euro comp.

Muesli

Premium Member
WCA
2009SMIT05
YouTube
Visit Channel
There's talk of a comp in Nottingham sometime in the nearer-than-far future. There's often a spring and/or summer comp too. It all depends on if people can be bothered to organise them.

cubersmith

WCA
2011SMIT04
YouTube
Visit Channel
I think there will be one in England spring/summer but nothing definite.

There was talk of an Irish comp in Feb but it hasn't been announced yet.
I'm hoping that Dan arranges another Guilford comp for summer but I realise that it is a lot of work which nobody else seems willing to under take so I'm content to wait for Uk Open 2012 and save for a Euro comp.

Why don't you put your WCA profile next to your name?

Your Taking the Mick! no way do I have to wait a year!!!! surely there'll be one sooner. there must be!?? :O :O :O

I doubt you'll have to wait a year. If you do, don't complain. I don't see you organising a competition.

Last edited:

kinch2002

Premium Member
WCA
2009SHEP01
YouTube
Visit Channel
From my end, I am thinking about the next comp, but am not actively doing much for it yet. A short break from organising after UK Open is hopefully not too much of a pain for everyone. After all, I do have a full time job. Currently I'm thinking spring. Maybe Guildford, maybe not. Maybe same venue as GSO, maybe not. People's thoughts on those last 2 sentences would be appreciated at this point.

MaeLSTRoM

WCA
2011WALL02
YouTube
Visit Channel
From my end, I am thinking about the next comp, but am not actively doing much for it yet. A short break from organising after UK Open is hopefully not too much of a pain for everyone. After all, I do have a full time job. Currently I'm thinking spring. Maybe Guildford, maybe not. Maybe same venue as GSO, maybe not. People's thoughts on those last 2 sentences would be appreciated at this point.

Well if it's in Guildford, the same venue for GSO would be good. It was in a good place, and it was a good size and the lighting was really nice.

~Adam~

WCA
2011GREE03
Dan, Guildford would be awesome.

Euan, I failed so hard that I'm embarrased to put up my WCA profile. When my face goes a slighly lighter shade of red I might.

Blake, is that for certain? It's not on WCA yet and I need to book the Fri and Mon off ASAP if it is.

r_517

Premium Member
WCA
2009WANG19
The GSO venue was great :)
(I don't know if anyone has a good recommendation on accommodation though, coz last time the hotel I stayed was terrible and expensive..)

r_517

Premium Member
WCA
2009WANG19

Euan, I failed so hard that I'm embarrased to put up my WCA profile. When my face goes a slighly lighter shade of red I might.

Blake, is that for certain? It's not on WCA yet and I need to book the Fri and Mon off ASAP if it is.

I don't see any problem about the date:p as long as Dan can be there:)
It's not in East Ireland though (i.e. it might not be a good idea to access via Dublin Airport. There is another airport called Knock Airport which is only 20 min from the venue. There are flights from Birmingham, Edinburgh, Liverpool, London and Manchester to there.)

Escher

Babby
WCA
2008KINN01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I'm investigating a possible venue for a Sheffield Open, once I have my course out of the way I may even be able to get something as soon as January or February but if anything does get sorted I'll make a relevant thread.

Gouly and Kir also need to actually organise a Manchester one sometime :p

And like others said, Nottingham/G'ford/Bristol competitions have potential too, I'd be happy to go to any/all of them :)

Mollerz

Swag Overlord
WCA
2011MOLL01
YouTube
Visit Channel

Anytime this year I am happy to help you organise a competition in Guildford, I've mentioned that before... :)

Last edited:

blakedacuber

Premium Member
WCA
2010BOWE01
YouTube
Visit Channel

yep it is:) shul be up on WCA site soon:) its 20 mins from knock airport an 15 mins from a train station

i might be able to attend a UK comp on April time:)

Last edited:

TMOY

WCA
2008COUR01
The GSO venue was great :)
(I don't know if anyone has a good recommendation on accommodation though, coz last time the hotel I stayed was terrible and expensive..)

i stayed at Premier Inn which was cheaper than your hotel (but still a bit expensive though) and much better.

cubersmith

WCA
2011SMIT04
YouTube
Visit Channel
yep it is:) shul be up on WCA site soon:) its 20 mins from knock airport an 15 mins from a train station

i might be able to attend a UK comp on April time:)

Sorry to say I can't come :(

I personally would like it to be outside of Guildford, just because I want to see different places. If it is in Guildford though, then that venue was great for me :)