• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Time barriers

D

Deleted member 2864

60 (was stuck on that for like a month before fridrich)
40 (had to work A LOT on recognition to break sub 40)
23-ish... I averaged 26 before. All OLL's memorized, it dropped me to 24, but I still can't seem to break it consistently.

soccerking813

Yea, I guess that now looking at it, I haven't really hit any barriers yet. I guess you could say back when I was averaging about 55-1:00 using FULL beginners' method it was kinda a barrier. But I wasn't really serious back then.
Since then I pretty much breezed by 40, was at 35 for about 4 days, and now am averaging about 29 average of 45. I hope it keeps going like this.

ThatGuy

WCA
2010GUSH01
are there any good example slow solve videos around? i can't seem to find any on youtube. It just seems that my f2l is really inefficient.

ThatGuy

WCA
2010GUSH01
Another question: for those who didn't learn 1L OLL and PLL until they couldn't get any faster with 2 looks, how fast could you get down to?

leeho

WCA
2010HOAN06
YouTube
Visit Channel
Lets see...barriers...60 seconds, sub 40, sub 35, sub 25, sub 20 and now...sub 15 averages. Im almost there! Need to practice more and learn those god damn OLLs =.= x]

Another question: for those who didn't learn 1L OLL and PLL until they couldn't get any faster with 2 looks, how fast could you get down to?

Its fully possible to get sub 15 averages with 2 look OLL. Not sure about PLLs.

crispy1337

my average for F2L minus cross is 32 moves. Right now my total average and barrier that I am experiencing is 30 seconds. Which I have gotten some some sub-30 averages, but 90% of my averages are 30.xx, and I know my F2L is to blame for breaking this barrier.

D

Deleted member 2864

I currently average around 26-28 sec average. So 25 is a tough one for me, and has been for a month now.

You'll get there eventually. I averaged 26 for 3 weeks. I memorized all olls so i broke it, but you can probably not memorize them and still break it.

Kian

WCA
2007BARR01
YouTube
Visit Channel
For some reason, I CANNOT get under two minutes on 4x4. My average and single best times are only a few seconds apart, I always get 2:0x.xx but I can't get under 2 minutes.

SAME!

stachu, you absolutely can. your 3x3 times indicate that.

what is holding you up from sub 2? what's your time breakdown like?