• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

The "what-should-be-made-next? / is-there-yet?" software thread

should the mods stick this thread in the software forum?

• yes

Votes: 37 90.2%
  • no

Votes: 4 9.8%

• Total voters
SS Competition Results
YouTube
Visit Channel
Possibly something a bit like this? Just create a text file containing a list of algorithms in the same folder as the python file and it should work fine.
@Waffles

Python:
alg_list = open("algs.txt", 'r').read().splitlines()

filter_requirement = input("Exclude algs containing: ")
check_for_suffix = False

if len(filter_requirement) > 1:
    check_for_suffix = True

output = []
for i in alg_list:
    if filter_requirement in i:
        if check_for_suffix:
            if i[i.index(filter_requirement) + 1] == filter_requirement[1]:
                print("Discarded item: " + i)
            else:
                output.append(i)
        elif not check_for_suffix:
            if i[i.index(filter_requirement) + 1] == " ":
                print("Discarded item: " + i)
            else:
                output.append(i)
    else:
        output.append(i)

print("OUTPUT:")
for i in output:
    print(i)
nice code.

it would be interesting if the output was the not filtered out algs, not the excluded

SS Competition Results
YouTube
Visit Channel
could anybody recommend a good and fast 3x3 javascript solver for random state generation?
I need to input algs and receive the state in the form of an algorithm

I have this one for a petrus eo trainer I made but it takes long to load the page

i want to work on a trainer tomorrow on my day off work

IsThatA4x4

WCA
2022RITC01
I thought it might be cool if we had a scramble generator similar to how FSG works in minecraft speedruns, generating a lucky scramble (i.e. a combination of some blocks built, less bad edges, good CP cases, etc.)
Might be useful for training on lucky scrambles so you can take advantage of them (for CFOP you could build XX(X)-crosses more reliably) and see how far speedcubing can be pushed.

Eli Apperson

WCA
2022APPE01
YouTube
Visit Channel
There should be a Pre-owned (specifically) cube shop, SCS sells them but it's not a pre-owned shop. A real only pre-owned cube store would be fantastic
Where would you get bulk pre-owned cubes?

Anyway, I think there should be a competition alert system for when a comp is announced in your area. I check the WCA website like 3 times a days bc there isn't anything like that.

CodingCuber

WCA
2019HERR14
Anyway, I think there should be a competition alert system for when a comp is announced in your area. I check the WCA website like 3 times a days bc there isn't anything like that.
Maybe see if the speedcubing organisation in your area has a mailing list. Speedcubing Australia has one here and they will alert you about any new competitions in your state.

stwert