• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

The Quest to sub-15 OH with YruRU

Cuberstache

WCA
2016DAVI02
YouTube
Visit Channel
How many do you know?
An up-to-date answer to this question will always be at the bottom of the original post. Within each week (at least until I learn them all) I'll have a counter of how many I know at the start of that week.
5 os. Solved, H, Ua, Ub and Z
Right, I haven't been counting solved, since I'm counting algs I need to learn.

Owen Morrison

WCA
2017MORR06
YouTube
Visit Channel
I do not think that this method will overtake Roux OH. Roux OH is already very good, and much better than doing CFOP OH.
Not MUCH better, the top 2 people still use CFOP for OH. I do agree that it seems better than CFOP, but it isn't MUCH better.

I don't know which is better for OH, YruRU or Roux, I have a feeling that YruRU is a little better though.

mukerflap

Not MUCH better, the top 2 people still use CFOP for OH. I do agree that it seems better than CFOP, but it isn't MUCH better.

I don't know which is better for OH, YruRU or Roux, I have a feeling that YruRU is a little better though.
Kian has sub 8.7 ao1000 no eidos roux is best OH

Devagio

Why has he not even gotten a sub 9.5 official average then? It seems really suspicious, if he could prove that he averages sub 9 I would believe that Roux is better than CFOP for OH.
Nerves are a big thing in such short events, plus I’m not sure if he competes as often as top cubers.
Pretty sure that nobody at such a high level would share fake times, especially if they’re the torch-bearers for a particular style of solving.

Last edited:

Devagio

If the corners are two moves away, or just certain circlets I'm not familiar enough with yet.
Well when the corners are unsolved, instead of tracing the solution, you could use the set-up to F or F’. Though slightly inefficient, I think it’s worth it because of the amount of inspection time it saves. I’ve completely switched to that for 2 movers and 3 movers.

Cuberstache

WCA
2016DAVI02
YouTube
Visit Channel
PB ao5 (20.15) and ao12 (21.15):
U2 R2 D R2 B2 L2 U' B2 U' F2 B' D2 F U R F' L U' L2 R

z // Inspection
U2 R' U R' U' F S2' // CPLine
r U2' R' u' R2 // Setup
U R' u2' U' r // pEO + FB
U2' R2 r U' r' // EO
R2 U' r U2' r' U2' r2 // BF
U2' R2 U' R U' R' U' R U' R' U R U' R' // Square
R' U R U2' R' U R // F2L
U' R U2' R2 U' R2 U' R' U R' U' R U R' U R // 2GLL

66 STM, the same bad F2L case gave me a high movecount here too lol. Bad BF as well; I should have done r U r' to end EO.
66 moves/23.03s = 2.87 TPS
@mukerflap You asked for a recorded ao5, I did better than that ;)
@Devagio Any feedback on my solves would be much appreciated
I also got a 20.18 ao5 with a counting +2 from inspection, 19.70 without :(

EDIT: Beat the ao5 and ao12 already lol, check the first post for new PBs

Last edited:

Cuberstache

WCA
2016DAVI02
YouTube
Visit Channel
What are these circlets you are talking about?
Basically, tracing different corners instead of mentally swapping them

Devagio

PB ao5 (20.15) and ao12 (21.15):
U2 R2 D R2 B2 L2 U' B2 U' F2 B' D2 F U R F' L U' L2 R

z // Inspection
U2 R' U R' U' F S2' // CPLine
r U2' R' u' R2 // Setup
U R' u2' U' r // pEO + FB
U2' R2 r U' r' // EO
R2 U' r U2' r' U2' r2 // BF
U2' R2 U' R U' R' U' R U' R' U R U' R' // Square
R' U R U2' R' U R // F2L
U' R U2' R2 U' R2 U' R' U R' U' R U R' U R // 2GLL

66 STM, the same bad F2L case gave me a high movecount here too lol. Bad BF as well; I should have done r U r' to end EO.
66 moves/23.03s = 2.87 TPS
@mukerflap You asked for a recorded ao5, I did better than that ;)
@Devagio Any feedback on my solves would be much appreciated
I also got a 20.18 ao5 with a counting +2 from inspection, 19.70 without :(
Beautiful!
Your EO recognition and execution are great, and those F2Ls are so satisfying!
I know you’re still learning 2GLLs so you’re already actively working on this, but just mentioning that better 2GLL recognition can easily shave more than a second off your average.
Apart from that your biggest weakness seems to be the pEO extension. I’m not quite sure how to improve there because I’m struggling with that myself. As far as I could make out, you average over 5 seconds for this step, that can certainly come down. Perhaps influence during CP-line and some slow solves to understand setups better are two things to start with.
Your EO and EO to BF transition will improve drastically on their own, don’t worry about it too much. Your CP line solutions are usually decent, I don’t think that needs any immediate improvement.

Last edited: