• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

The EASIEST way to solve?

pyrotek7x7

Ok, I have the .jar, but how do I install it into my directory and use it in my page? I'm using geocities...

pjk

Administrator
Staff member
WCA
2007KELL02
SS Competition Results
After the zip file is extracted, you should be able to upload the file. By the way, I'd recommend brinkster.com for webhosting, geocities is loaded with ads. Get the free brinkster package.

pyrotek7x7

Okay, made a Brinkster account. So, do I upload each and every file in the zip seperately, or do I just upload the zip?

EDIT: Wait, I don't think I can upload files in the free package...

pjk

Administrator
Staff member
WCA
2007KELL02
SS Competition Results
The only file you need to add is the .jar file, then you place the actual applet code into the body of your page. Yes, you can upload files in the free package, at least the one I used for 2+ years.

pyrotek7x7

Both file managers are unavailable with this package. >_>

EDIT: I got it to work on Geocities!

pjk

Administrator
Staff member
WCA
2007KELL02
SS Competition Results
There is a parameter for initial and action script, you have to edit those accordingly.

As far as "easiest to load", I guess that depends on what you mean. These require Java, and depending on how quick your connection is, it may take a little while to load, but at most like 30 seconds a page. I use dial up and deal with these all the time and they load fairly quick.