• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

The Cubing Trivia Thread

Zain_A24

YouTube
Visit Channel
Hello Everyone

The Cubing Trivia Thread is a place in which a cuber asks a speedcubing trivia question. The person that gets the answer correct can then ask their own speedcubing trivia question. It follows a similar format to a few other threads which I cannot find (I will link them in once I know where they are)

I will begin with the first question:

If you had to sticker a gigaminx, how many stickers would it take?

Whoever answers the question correctly will get to answer the next question. It is a good way to help spread knowledge of speedcubing throughout the community and to help beginners in particular get to grasps with the speedcubing past, as well as some WCA or non-WCA events or puzzles they may not be familiar with.

Depending on if the thread isn't too hectic, we could keep count of who gets the most correct in a row / altogether etc.

Best of luck

Mo_A2244

YouTube
Visit Channel
Hello Everyone

The Cubing Trivia Thread is a place in which a cuber asks a speedcubing trivia question. The person that gets the answer correct can then ask their own speedcubing trivia question. It follows a similar format to a few other threads which I cannot find (I will link them in once I know where they are)

I will begin with the first question:

If you had to sticker a gigaminx, how many stickers would it take?

Whoever answers the question correctly will get to answer the next question. It is a good way to help spread knowledge of speedcubing throughout the community and to help beginners in particular get to grasps with the speedcubing past, as well as some WCA or non-WCA events or puzzles they may not be familiar with.

Depending on if the thread isn't too hectic, we could keep count of who gets the most correct in a row / altogether etc.

Best of luck
I believe it is 372 Stickers?

ProStar

WCA
2020MAHO01
SS Competition Results
My question:
How many subscribers would you have if JPerm, CubeSolveHero, SpeedCubeReview and Tingman's channel subscribers were all combined? (to the nearest thousand)?

575k? I know The sub counts of all those channels except SCR(haven't checked in a while), but I'm estimating he has around 80k

ProStar

WCA
2020MAHO01
SS Competition Results
Next Question:

If every time you solve a 3x3 you improve by .001 seconds, and you currently average 3:57 (minutes:seconds), how many solves would it take for you to average .01 seconds below the current 3x3 Average WR?

Edit: Ok so I'm dumb and can't figure out the problem myself so I wouldn't know if an answer was correct, so I've changed it. The original problem is in a spoiler if you want to try and figure it out (basically I just cut out the hard part of the problem)

If every time you solve a 3x3 you improve by .001 seconds, and you currently average 3:57 (minutes:seconds), how long would it take you to average Sub-WR average(0.01 seconds below current WR average)? You do 1 hour of solving per day, and it takes you 30 seconds from stopping the timer to starting it on a new solve(so 30 seconds of entering time, scrambling, inspecting).

Last edited:

Nmile7300

WCA
2019MILE04
YouTube
Visit Channel
If my calculations are correct it would take 231,480 solves to get to 5.52, it wasn't that difficult to figure out. Also let's try to keep this "trivia questions" not "math problems".

So my question for you guys is how many magnetic 56 millimeter 3x3s has GAN come out with since the XS? (Monster go doesn't count, 356 M lite doesn't count, smart cubes do count)

CrispyCubing

WCA
2019YODE02
YouTube
Visit Channel
If my calculations are correct it would take 231,480 solves to get to 5.52, it wasn't that difficult to figure out. Also let's try to keep this "trivia questions" not "math problems".

So my question for you guys is how many magnetic 56 millimeter 3x3s has GAN come out with since the XS? (Monster go doesn't count, 356 M lite doesn't count, smart cubes do count)
5? X v2, I play, I v2, M, Air M.