• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

The cubing argument thread

YouTube
Visit Channel
I like the RS3M, but I understand it's not for some people. I feel like most people got caught up on the hype train of it having a DAS, so that's why most people bought it. Nowadays, companies have started to add their own version of DAS, however they are more expensive than the RS3M (*cough* QiYi MP 3x3 *cough*). Of course, I haven't tried any other cubes than my ol' trusty RS3M, so I might be a bit biased towards it, but to those that have, has any other cube comapny implemented a better version of DAS in a budget cube?

WCA
2019RAMI14
YouTube
Visit Channel
I like the RS3M, but I understand it's not for some people. I feel like most people got caught up on the hype train of it having a DAS, so that's why most people bought it. Nowadays, companies have started to add their own version of DAS, however they are more expensive than the RS3M (*cough* QiYi MP 3x3 *cough*). Of course, I haven't tried any other cubes than my ol' trusty RS3M, so I might be a bit biased towards it, but to those that have, has any other cube comapny implemented a better version of DAS in a budget cube?
pretty sure the ylm v2 has a DAS and is a dollar more, but im not sure if it is better

SS Competition Results
YouTube
Visit Channel
cubing is hard
that depends
I always like to compare cubing to learning a new language or learning to play an instrument
There are different levels of proficiency, and it's not hard to get the basics
You can learn to greet someone in another language or basic vocabulary
or you can learn how to play a simple solo on guitar
but to excel on those languages or instruments you have to practice. A LOT
same with cubing
you can learn to solve with LBL in 5min under a week of practice
but to solve under 30seconds will demand serious practice, let alone faster times

White KB

Premium Member
WCA
2019BRUC01
SS Competition Results
YouTube
Visit Channel
I agree too.

The Rubik's Brand is the best. Stackmats are cheap and thecubicle is a scam.

edit: more things: 3x3 should be removed as a WCA event and a 16 pin clock should replace it and the beginner's method is the best.
Yes
This is what I've been thinking for a while now. I agree wholeheartedly.

I recently mained a Rubik's brand for 200 solves and got higher times, so it's obviously better.
Stackmats are cheaper because the cheapness rating (symbol is $) is higher, by 2x!
TheCubicle is a scam because they make their cheapness ratings go down. (Literally, they have cubes with a cheapness rating of $0.99. That's a scam.)
3x3 should be removed as a WCA event because out of the people in the WCA a MASSIVE 1-2% haven't competed in it. Therefore, since popular opinion supports its being removed, we should take it off the events list. A 16-pin clock would be great since more people do clock than 5BLD.
Also, the beginner's method is the best method of all time, because Minh Thai held the longest-standing world record of all time using Corners First.

CubeRed

Yes
This is what I've been thinking for a while now. I agree wholeheartedly.

I recently mained a Rubik's brand for 200 solves and got higher times, so it's obviously better.
Stackmats are cheaper because the cheapness rating (symbol is $) is higher, by 2x!
TheCubicle is a scam because they make their cheapness ratings go down. (Literally, they have cubes with a cheapness rating of $0.99. That's a scam.)
3x3 should be removed as a WCA event because out of the people in the WCA a MASSIVE 1-2% haven't competed in it. Therefore, since popular opinion supports its being removed, we should take it off the events list. A 16-pin clock would be great since more people do clock than 5BLD.
Also, the beginner's method is the best method of all time, because Minh Thai held the longest-standing world record of all time using Corners First.
Now that's what I call an argument!