• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Zubon

Cube for you is now including their new core with the 3x3x5 cube.

It is "otagonalized" for reverse corner cutting, but the rounded corners or the center pieces are tapered for stability (like the new type As).

This core is amazing if you put type c cubies on it!

New C4U core + type C cubies = nice!

I can't wait for the new C4U speed cube which hopefully will incorporate this new core.

Khartaras

Hybrid cubes?

So, I ordered from C4U yesterday. Got a type A-V, a C-II, a A-I and a mini diansheng (for my little brother). I also got some hardware. Do you guys recommend any hybrids for these cubes? I heard that C4U core in C-II cubies is good, but are there any others?

P.S. I also have a C4U Speedcube.

YouTube
Visit Channel
Cube4You core + Type C pieces = ?

Equals the Supreme God of Cubes I think.

it isn't very forgiving.

Meaning...?

I do feel that the cube4you spring and core setup with Type C peices is the best setup for the type C, particularly with the wide part of the springs facing towards the caps. However this cube, although blazing fast, has a high propensity for lock ups. In my opinon this makes it less "forgiving," and that was enough for me to offer an objection to it being descirbed as the "supreme god of cubes."

But everything is about personal opinon as all of us should well know, so I'm all for buying as many cubes as possible and trying as many hybrids as possible, and as a final caveat the type C with cub4you core and springs is worth doing, especially if you don't like your type C and want to improve it.

riffz

WCA
2009HOLT01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Cube4You core + Type C pieces = ?

Equals the Supreme God of Cubes I think.

it isn't very forgiving.

Meaning...?

I do feel that the cube4you spring and core setup with Type C peices is the best setup for the type C, particularly with the wide part of the springs facing towards the caps. However this cube, although blazing fast, has a high propensity for lock ups. In my opinon this makes it less "forgiving," and that was enough for me to offer an objection to it being descirbed as the "supreme god of cubes."

But everything is about personal opinon as all of us should well know, so I'm all for buying as many cubes as possible and trying as many hybrids as possible, and as a final caveat the type C with cub4you core and springs is worth doing, especially if you don't like your type C and want to improve it.

I really like this hyrbid and I use it as my main speedcube but everything he said here is exactly how I feel about it. I can ignore the lock ups though because of the speed and smoothness.

DaBear

so i cleaned, lubed and swaped cores of my type A I and c4y.....they type A I cubies with c4y core is like sex in cube form....the c4y cubies with the type A I core is the fastest thing ive ever touched....i havent tried speedcubing with them yet, but it should be awesome

littlejkim

I just made my main speedcube. It's a cube with a Type F II Core (spring and everything) with Rubik's cubies. It's very light and it can cut over 33 degrees.

Drax

Rubik's core (that's really broken in) + type A I are amazing
got my first sub 20 time with it, 15.47

Stefan

WCA
2003POCH01
YouTube
Visit Channel
It's over 33 but I just made it lower because I didn't want to get accused of.

Did you use the Pochmann guide?

Yeah, did you? DID YOU?! LOL, I'm the angle police now and everyone's a suspect and needs my approval for angles :D. I'd say 33 is low and odd enough to be easily believable, especially when he says he was careful about it. Need to get it into the wiki so it can at least be called wiki guide or angle guide without my mean shadow...

miniGOINGS

It's over 33 but I just made it lower because I didn't want to get accused of.

Did you use the Pochmann guide?

Yeah, did you? DID YOU?! LOL, I'm the angle police now and everyone's a suspect and needs my approval for angles :D. I'd say 33 is low and odd enough to be easily believable, especially when he says he was careful about it. Need to get it into the wiki so it can at least be called wiki guide or angle guide without my mean shadow...

Ok, I didn't mean it like that. But that post just reminded me of what you said about people claiming untrue angles.

I'm really liking the Rubik's cubies in the FII frame. No idea why, but I can verify the 33 degree corner cuts. In fact, I got 34 degrees! However, the cube pops a bit much, especially because I sanded down my cubies.

I also like the C4Y core and spring with DS cubies. Extremely fast (though not quite as fast as the original) and cuts down on lock-ups from the DS. Corner cutting was slightly increased. If only DS cubes came in black...