• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Suggestion for the next WC

Crazycubemom

WCA
2007OEYM01
BTW, when are discussions on venue coming up?
I heard vague rumors that some would like to see the venue in Indonesia.
That would be awesome. I'd take a couple of weeks off and visit the region
I do want to organize in Bali island ( Indonesia ) , I think it will be nice to another South East Asian cuber, maybe not every cuber knows that to get a Visa to visit Europe and US is very difficult. Only if you are lucky or have a good relationship with Embassy employee(s) you can get it. Asian is a big continental in the World and not every cuber has a chance to meet other cuber(s) from Europe or US and even to meet another Asian cuber in a competition. I think we are not blind to see how competent Asian cubers at competitions and many Asian cubers wants to see Europe and US cubers, they dream to meet their favorite for real. Bali has International Airport and I bet Aussie cuber and NZ ( Dene and the gang ) also want to come .

Bali is a beautiful island so you can take your partner, husband or wife, lover , family or your neighbor to visit Bali, because if they hate cubing they can do many things just like sigh seeing the Landscape or visit attractive multi culture etc etc.They could lay on the Beach while got message and watching Sunset or do shopping handmade things from Bali people so as a cuber we can concentration to competition.No worry about food because fresh food is always 24 hours ready and it is not expensive!. Bali at night is a Heaven ;)

So I do hope I can arrange it and I will after May , start to calling and E-mail , it reminds me when I arranged The First Indonesian Open , every day I searched all hotels and calling and explaining about Rubiks Cube Competition to Hotels and compared the prices and etc etc and do you think I can make it happen to arrange WC 2011 in Bali ?

dunpeal2064

WCA
2009WHIT03
YouTube
Visit Channel
New Zealand is a scrapheap of losers with no ambitions and no futures. This country supports butch-lesbian feminists who have no other intention than feeding those who are too lazy to get of their fat bums and work to support the large family that they should have resisted from creating in the first place. I could go on for hours. I have no tolerance for this dump.

It sounds to me like you have no problem with your country, only the people in it. Eliminating them would solve the issue hands down.

I feel the same way. I love my country. The Grand Canyon is awesome, Yosemite is beautiful... the people just kinda suck hard.

seems like an easy solution to me =)

Doudou

WCA
2004CHAM01
Anthem...

Don't you people feel it very strange ?
I mean, it's not a matter of patriotism at all.

But I really can not imagine going to a podium and hear the french anthem. Why ? Just because, as someone said, you are not competing as a country, not even representing one (since just registering to the competition makes you competing).

And guys, that's just cubing... JUST cubing.

And making people choosing a song would just be the most ridiculous thing ever. If you want that people take cubing seriously, such things are just not going that way. As isn't feet cubing, for instance.

Last edited:

Dene

Premium Member
WCA
2009BEAR01
YouTube
Visit Channel
New Zealand is a scrapheap of losers with no ambitions and no futures. This country supports butch-lesbian feminists who have no other intention than feeding those who are too lazy to get of their fat bums and work to support the large family that they should have resisted from creating in the first place. I could go on for hours. I have no tolerance for this dump.

It sounds to me like you have no problem with your country, only the people in it. Eliminating them would solve the issue hands down.

Well deary me what's left once the people have gone? A pretty landscape? That's of no use to me.

Crazycubemom: Bali sounds exciting! But if plans go well, I will be in the US by WC 2011. So personally I would prefer to have a Bali comp earlier :p . However, I can see why WC 2011 would be a much better attraction than any random comp.

Crazycubemom

WCA
2007OEYM01
Crazycubemom: Bali sounds exciting! But if plans go well, I will be in the US by WC 2011. So personally I would prefer to have a Bali comp earlier :p . However, I can see why WC 2011 would be a much better attraction than any random comp.

Dene,

I know how irritating it is if you are able to come, but you can't leave your school just for 3 or 4 days for WC, it happened to one cuber I know who was at WC 2007, he missed school just for 4 days, but when he got back to school he felt like catching up alot ;(.
In my opinion WC in October its difficult for cubers on the other side of the globe and we know that more than 70% of the cubers are student, so if it is possible WC 2011 will be held during the Summer Holiday. (June, July or begin of August)
I will start with this job in May to arrange and search for the perfect location in Bali and to get contacts with a Local Government, and search for hotels, from cheap ones till 5 stars hotels. But if the competition is in the high season all plane tickets and hotels will be more expensive. About hotels I hope I can bargain :) and maybe for domestic flight I will get contacts to a views of Airlines in Indonesia to have a cheap tickets for competitors, thats why from now on we have to save our money. It will be a big challenge for me but I will do that because another cuber's gonna help me too, if it not I will organize just Bali Open 2011.

Crazycubemom.

Dene

Premium Member
WCA
2009BEAR01
YouTube
Visit Channel
The problem I have with that weekend in October is that it is the weekend before the last week of the year! I would always expect to have at least 3 assignments due, as well as compulsory labs to attend. Additionally, of course, I need to "study" for exams. The timing could only be worse if WCs happened during exams :p