• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Sticky Along V2

M

mlewis38

So i got this Along V2 years ago when it first came out, i diddnt care for it much so i threw it in a box. I just found it the other day. Like it must have been sitting for 3 years maybe longer. I noticed it was EXTREMELY sticky. So i did what i do with all my cubes, Took it all apart. Put a drop of dawn and let it sit in hot water for a bit. Dried it out. Lubed the hardware. Put it back together and let it sit for a few hours to dry. Did a few solves dry. Then did a tension job. It turns pretty good, but a bit crunchy. But it was still sticky so i put some Lubicle 1 and some dnm 37. The thing turns so fast BUT if slow down it still sticks. its hard to describe, like if i turn slow it almost like skips and chirps. Im not the fastest solver either so that doesn't help, (30 Sec Average) I have other cubes, but i really want this one to work. Ive done a some research and i guess there was different versions of the V2, new and old plastic? and i guess the v1 had some issues, this is the only thing i can think of? I assumed the Lubicle 1 would help since it has Teflon in it?