• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 35,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

[Help Thread] the cube seems sticky

notme

libe-600x800.jpg
So I tried this Premium Silicone and the cube seems sticky. Frankly I'm just happy it went back together!
I like this Thunderclap, but now I want something with magnets.
Anyway, I suppose I'll need to include some kind of lube with the next order.

Last edited:

Aerma

Premium Member
WCA
2015MANN01
YouTube
Aerma
The only lubricant you should really ever use in a cube is lubricant meant for cubes, the exception being Traxxas lube. Anything on SpeedCubeShop, TheCubicle, or CubeDepot is good. Just clean out your thunderclap as best you can and then use real cube lube next time :)

Dr. Lube

I regularly use a silicone floor spray in my bigger puzzles and it seems to work well, although you do need to be careful with non-cubing based products as there is always the chance that they will damage your puzzles in some way. Having said that, some water-based cubing lubes can damage the ferrous parts of puzzles, so read any advertising small print carefully.

notme

First; I laid the cubies out and sprayed! Then turned over for another spraying!
Let sit awhile, then wiped down and assembled.Was soooo surprised when it went back together!

Second; Silicone floor spray?? I think that must require liability insurance!
But curious minds need to know, in what application do you spray silicone on the floor?

Dr. Lube

When wood needs to slide on wood, the sliding doors in older Japanese houses for example, a non-solvent based silicone spray is often used.

Last edited: