• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

[Member Intro] Started cubing in 2009, now sub 5, minutes

Welcome! I'd also try Thistlethwaite's Algorithm for humans, which is a pretty different yet intuitive approach in solving the puzzle in comparison with other methods such as Petrus and Heise. It's a little difficult to understand at first, but really nice when you do

newtonlkh

I tried human thistlewaite a few times and found it quite interesting. Still cannot perform it without watching the tutorial.

Am going to try a intuitive only version of roux. Petrus still gotbtoo many algs for may taste

Chinmay47

Welcome! I would recommend you to learn CFOP Roux or ZZ. Heise is not that good to learn as all you do practically is build squares. That isn't the way algorithms work. Even if you want something super intuitive, you should try the CFOP, as it teaches you the basics of efficiency. And the Permutations it uses aren't just mere algorithms. They also are the beauties of math! I would recommend you to learn the CFOP. Or you can also try the beginner method if you'd like to!:p:p

I'm A Cuber

Welcome! I would recommend you to learn CFOP Roux or ZZ. Heise is not that good to learn as all you do practically is build squares. That isn't the way algorithms work. Even if you want something super intuitive, you should try the CFOP, as it teaches you the basics of efficiency. And the Permutations it uses aren't just mere algorithms. They also are the beauties of math! I would recommend you to learn the CFOP. Or you can also try the beginner method if you'd like to!:p:p
He says he doesn’t like algs or care about speed, so cfop or lbl wouldn’t be good

dudefaceguy

Welcome! If you want a really fun 3x3 method that's a good challenge for an intuitive cuber, try Shadowslice Snow Columns. It's very different from other popular methods, and it also makes a good transition to Square-1. I messed around with SSC and then got a Square-1 and had a lot of fun solving it intuitively.

newtonlkh

Welcome! If you want a really fun 3x3 method that's a good challenge for an intuitive cuber, try Shadowslice Snow Columns. It's very different from other popular methods, and it also makes a good transition to Square-1. I messed around with SSC and then got a Square-1 and had a lot of fun solving it intuitively.
Never heard of!! Let me check it out!

Petrus only requires 2 algorithms, much less than Roux.

That suddenly sounds appealing to me!

dudefaceguy

Never heard of!! Let me check it out!

That suddenly sounds appealing to me!
You can also do Roux CMLL with only 2 algs (Niklas and Sune), using the exact same corner method that Petrus describes in his tutorial. I developed my 4-alg CMLL based on Petrus's solution, by adding FsexyF for diagonal permutation and a corner twist commutator for cases with 2 twisted corners.

newtonlkh

I've been reading up on SSC and EZD since I read your comment, it is VERY interesting, but I think it's too much current for me, especially when there are so few resources out there. Even for methods with a abundance of resource, I took soooooo long to figure out.

But thanks for your beginner 3style tutorial, I did finish my first 3style solve, avoiding parity with a U, sighted, with stickers, writing out conjugates (so I can reverse them correctly), and with a bunch of mistakes (actually solved edges 3 times because I mess them up when doing corners). But a big thanks to you to help me take this first step.