• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Square-1 help needed!

Rakxar

I have a square one that i just bought and I'm now placing the edges on the right layers.. but the problem is 1. I dont know what the default face would be and 2. I used cube zone (http://www.cubezone.be/square1step3.html) but I would get stuck because it would say like for the first one it's algorithm (0,-1) / (-3,0) / (4,1) / (-4,-1) / (3,0) / (0,-1) but on the (4,1) I would end up in the middle of a large corner piece and i can't do the right 180 degree turn. If you could point me to a better guide or help me with it that would be amazing! thank you!

ben1996123

Banned
WCA
2009WHIT01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Are you holding the cube with the line on the middle layer on the left of the F face?

Edit: this line must be on the left of the F face, not the right.

sq1g.png

Last edited:

Rakxar

Are you holding the cube with the line on the middle layer on the left of the F face?

Edit: this line must be on the left of the F face, not the right.

sq1g.png

Oh thanks I didn't know that and now I will try that

Edit: It still doesn't work when I try (0,-1) / (1,4) / (-1,-4) / (-3,0) / (4,1) / (-1,0) any help with that?

One thing i found with my square one was the position of the middle bars. It varies between cubes wether the big bar and small bar were in which positions. Most times i had to off-set the top and bottom layers.

Rakxar

It does work. You're probably just doing a move as its negative by accident or something (like (0, 1) instead of (0, -1)).

Nevermind I figure out by the video EVH linked that the top and bottom turn different ways if they are both negative

edit: Now I have a new problem, I'm in a parity. I've got everything done except two edges that are right next to each other. Does anybody know an algorithm that will fix that?

Last edited by a moderator: