• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Speedsolving wiki: List of Cubing Memes

JustinJ

Premium Member
WCA
2008JAFF01
It seems like a lot of the stuff on the page right now is jokes between just 4 or 5 people, and not really the whole cubing community, stuff like "Same thing happened to me with some other pants" isn't really widespread enough to be considered a meme, imo. I also agree with Godmil that if the story behind the FRURUF one isn't going to be added, the whole thing should be removed.

waffle=ijm

Waffo
WCA
2008MANA02
YouTube
Visit Channel
ME7Ey.jpg

Just added this pic to the "I accidentally a 5x5" article.

Joël

WCA
2004NOOR01
I must say the Y-perm one is really annoying, I think the gist of it is this: "you don't know what this means. If you want to know what it means you'll need to find out." Which defeats the point of having it in the wiki at all.

Yeah, I am also not a big fan of having it in the wiki... But if it's in the wiki anyway, maybe it's good if I clear up a thing or 2 about it:

First of all, the reason I wanted to keep the whole thing a 'secret' is that I did not want his name or the incident to be mentioned in the thread. The reason is that something like this can haunt someone for the rest of his/her life. Google remembers everything. That's why I kindly request to remove the name of the cuber in question from that part of that wiki page as soon as possible. The WCA also requested this at the time the incident took place, and I think we should respect it.

Second, I was the person who logged into the chat to post that line, after chatting with the cuber in question on MSN... And yes, now that I think about it, I might have used his name for kicks. In my chat with him, he himself claimed he used FRUR'U'F' as some kind of Y-perm with some flipped edges and twisted corners, and similarly RUR'U'R'FRF' as an R-perm with some side-effects. Even though that is totally possible, from doing a reconstruction myself, I knew he was full of ****.

Last edited:

macky

Premium Member
WCA
2003MAKI01
Edited. Thanks for that. We all know it's a controversial topic. Rather than opening a can of worms, I'd prefer keep the section to something like the edit I just made. Let me know if that looks okay.

By the way, there are several other controversial topics in cubing. I told this to Chris earlier, and I'll say this again: "I believe in incremental improvements of the wiki. We don't need to get it completely right the first time. I think it's more important to first write up, in rough, an article for everything that deserves one."

Last edited:

y3k9

Wow, that was fast :). Thanks, looks much better to me this way.
Webcache showed the truth, and I have saved the original article. If the article is true, then there is no reason to remove it.

JonnyWhoopes

Premium Member
WCA
2011GRAY02
YouTube
Visit Channel
Webcache showed the truth, and I have saved the original article. If the article is true, then there is no reason to remove it.

First of all, the reason I wanted to keep the whole thing a 'secret' is that I did not want his name or the incident to be mentioned in the thread. The reason is that something like this can haunt someone for the rest of his/her life. [...] The WCA also requested this at the time the incident took place, and I think we should respect it.