• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 35,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Cannot create account on Speedsolving Wiki due to verification question.

Artman40

I have a problem. I want to make an account on Speedsolving wiki but the verification question is:

"What is the name of the person who created the 4x4 speedsolving method used by the fastest solvers in the world? (First and Last Name)"

I tried every name, I even asked others who that person is. However, none of the names worked. Is this an question that's not up to date anymore? Wiki told me to contact administrators if there's something that prevents me from making contributions but guess what? To contact them, I have to create an account! Is it like telling "Your keyboard is broken. Press F7 to continue!".

Artman40

I don't remember anymore. But would a question not related to names be more appropriate?

But I see things like Yau, Redux and Sandwich.

pjk

Administrator
Staff member
WCA
2007KELL02
Thanks. I would have never figured it out.
Due to spam, it has to require a somewhat difficult question but also one that can be looked up to a cuber who is active in the community.

I tried it and it worked for me too, but I misspelled it once as "Robert Yao". Thanks!
This can also be looked up. Now that the answer is here, others who have trouble and find the answer. Eventually I want to enable easier editing of the wiki without barriers like this.