• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Speedsolving Sudoku's

badmephisto

YouTube
Visit Channel
While we are on this note, would you all be interested in a Speedsolving Sudoku subforum on speedsolving.com?

im not sure if thats a good idea, this is a cubing forum after all. I dont think there would be enough of us to keep it running.

I would participate on this but not if you put an image, im too lazy to copy it down let alone print it... (i dont even own a printer). I liked it more when it was a web-based app and you could just fill stuff in

JBCM627

WCA
2006MERT01
im not sure if thats a good idea, this is a cubing forum after all. I dont think there would be enough of us to keep it running.

Speedsolving the Rubik's Cube & Other Puzzles. Sudoku I consider much more of a puzzle than something like Magic... For all we know, if sudoku-lovers start looking at this forum, we might increase the size of the cubing community as a result ;) Edit: Although, I guess Sudoku isn't exactly a twisty puzzle.

Last edited:

pjk

Administrator
Staff member
WCA
2007KELL02
SS Competition Results
Here is an easy one, lets see if we can get more comparable times:
1-17.gif

gogozerg

WCA
2004ROUX01
While we are on this note, would you all be interested in a Speedsolving Sudoku subforum on speedsolving.com?
No.
When I want to practice Sudoku, I go to specialized sites, with serious online competitions and championships, and dedicated forums.
BTW, above 4 minutes for an evilish grid is not a good time.

hawkmp4

No.
When I want to practice Sudoku, I go to specialized sites, with serious online competitions and championships, and dedicated forums.
BTW, above 4 minutes for an evilish grid is not a good time.
I don't think pjk is trying to turn this into a 'main attraction' at speedsolving.com. I think this is just going to be a fun little thing like the weekly contests. Obviously if we really wanted to be competitive we'd go other places.

JBCM627

WCA
2006MERT01
8:05.30. Nice'n ez... very straightforward. I think I'll try and make a solver on one of these... time myself doing that...

solution, I just pasted the puzzle into paint and put text in from there while solving...

hawkmp4

To start, use dot notation... think of each square divided into nine smaller squares, a dot corresponds to a particular number being a candidate for that box.
Eliminate dots from boxes by looking at the columns, rows, and boxes. You can fill in a box with a number if there's only one dot in it, or there's a particular dot that only appears once in the larger box, row or column. As you do this more you'll be less reliant on the dots and you'll start to see little tricks and just be able to recognize where numbers go.

MistArts

15:23.04

Wow, I haven't been doing these for a long time.

Attachments

• SOLVED.jpg
    SOLVED.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 4