• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Speedcubing in Houston, Texas

convinsa

so i live around the Houston area. and go to college in the Prairie view area. close to houston. i have been wanting to have cube meetings near where i live. it sure would be nice to see other cubers!

Anthony

Professional Speedcuber
WCA
2008SEAR01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Actually, you're in luck. There are quite a few cubers around the Houston area.

We're having an official competition in South Texas in 3 weeks; you should try to come! :D
If you can find a way down here, you're welcome to stay with me Friday and Saturday night.

convinsa

wow thats cool. well, where is this comp actually located, like the direction. and what day/s is it?

Anthony

Professional Speedcuber
WCA
2008SEAR01
YouTube
Visit Channel
So, you think you can make it? :)
Also, (not that it really matters) but I didn't realize that you're a girl until I saw female on your registration just now. :p

convinsa

Any Competitions in Houston, Texas?

i haven't heard of any competitions in Houston, except for the Houston open back in 2009. please let me know if there will be a competition in Houston soon.

Thanks

convinsa

when is there ever going to be a competition in Houston or austin, texas

i really want there to be a cube competition in Houston, texas or even Austin, Texas. i live close to Houston, Texas. is there any chances that there will be a competition in those areas soon?

y3k9

No, wca has decided to not hold comps in Texas in fear of nuclear bombs. You might say "lulwut", but just think about it.

Anthony

Professional Speedcuber
WCA
2008SEAR01
YouTube
Visit Channel
It's starting to get somewhat irritating seeing all these threads about wanting Texas competitions pop up.

If anyone from a major Texas city can get us a suitable venue (can be rented from 8am-6pm on a Saturday, $200 or less total, large enough for at least 100 people, has tables and chairs, not cold, etc) to hold a competition, I'm more than willing to take care of the rest.

If not, I'll probably have another competition down here in South Texas. That's the best I can promise. Texas is too damn big, and I unfortunately live fairly far away from most of you.

convinsa

ok! no need to be irritated. i just never been to a comp before and im really itching to go to one. im not asking you to organize it. i just want to go to one and whoever organizes it is fine with me. im sorry if i upset you. ill stop asking this question if it makes everyone feel better.
It's starting to get somewhat irritating seeing all these threads about wanting Texas competitions pop up.

If anyone from a major Texas city can get us a suitable venue (can be rented from 8am-6pm on a Saturday, $200 or less total, large enough for at least 100 people, has tables and chairs, not cold, etc) to hold a competition, I'm more than willing to take care of the rest.

If not, I'll probably have another competition down here in South Texas. That's the best I can promise. Texas is too damn big, and I unfortunately live fairly far away from most of you.

Anthony

Professional Speedcuber
WCA
2008SEAR01
YouTube
Visit Channel
ok! no need to be irritated. i just never been to a comp before and im really itching to go to one. im not asking you to organize it. i just want to go to one and whoever organizes it is fine with me. im sorry if i upset you. ill stop asking this question if it makes everyone feel better.

Haha, don't worry. I'm not mad at anyone. I just keep seeing these threads pop up every now and then (not only from you), but no ones taking the initiative. I know a few Dallas cubers have been trying to find something suitable, so hopefully that works out. Like I said, our main problem is the venue at this point.

tertius

I am going to check a few places around Dallas and see what I can come up with.