• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

SpeedCubeReview.com: giveaways and announcements

WCA
2016BOUC01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Hey everyone,
Thank you for the support thus far in building the site.

Updates:
More people voted on the yellow stars for the ratings. I will most likely add color stars for the averages when they go up. Also I have been talking to others who have already made a name for themselves as cube reviewers online to create a partnership in the future.

I want to announce a giveaway I am doing through the site. I am giving away a $15 gift card to TheCubicle.us. I will be choosing one winner on April 2nd. Now until the end of March each review submitted to the site will be one entry to the drawing (up to 5 entries will be allowed, but please do not let that stop you from submitting more reviews).

I know there was a thread I started when I first began the site, but I hope for this to be the official page for announcements and giveaways. For future announcements I will try and post to here, but you can always follow on Facebook.

To submit a review please head over to SpeedCubeReview.
Thank you again

-Shawn
4873786_orig.png

WCA
2016BOUC01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Only a few days left to enter the $15 gift card contest to TheCubicle.

I also want to say a big thank Critical Cubing and The Cubeologist for being a part of the site and helping it grow. A couple others who have a YouTube following have noted that they will add in the future. I can't show my appreciation enough.

Thank you
-Shawn

WCA
2016BOUC01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Is it possible to submit reviews in other languages? I have a few, but they are in Spanish.

Congrats on this good work and keep it up!

Hmm, I never really thought about that.... For now I would like to keep it all in English so the site has a uniform look. It pains me to turn away a perfectly good review though. If you would like to type one up in english I would definitely appreciate that and would have to text review.

APdRF

WCA
2011FIOL01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Hmm, I never really thought about that.... For now I would like to keep it all in English so the site has a uniform look. It pains me to turn away a perfectly good review though. If you would like to type one up in english I would definitely appreciate that and would have to text review.

Ok, I'll try. I was asking because I don't know how to write/speak perfectly fluid in English. The site looks amazing, congrats again :)

WCA
2016BOUC01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Congratulations Derek Chen with winning the $15 gift card with his review of the Fangshi Guangying!

Thank you everyone who submitted a review. There will definitely be more giveaways in the future.

WCA
2016BOUC01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I will be starting a collection a videos going over "Common Cube Questions" I ran into someone a couple weeks ago who saw me cubing back in November and now is cubing himself. He asked a few questions that I realized I was confused with when I started. Most of the videos will be focused for beginning cubers. The first one I uploaded going into why some of the newer cubes have square corners, and why the cubes don't lock up. In a bit I will be doing one on what a "Supercube" is, but I am waiting for s collection of cubes to come in to use in the video.

Any suggestions on other topics that might be helpful to make a short video about, especially for newer cubers?

WCA
2016BOUC01
YouTube
Visit Channel
So there is another giveaway going on for the MoYu BoChuang and the X-Man Tornado. So I am having a little fun with this giveaway and thought you guys might like a challenge. The giveaway is for a MoYu BoChuang and X-Man tornado. The name of the game is "Name That Corner" Can you figure them all out? This is just for Continental U.S. though. (Shipping is insane) http://www.speedcubereview.com/giveaway.html
7856622.jpg