• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

spam

SS Competition Results
YouTube
Visit Channel
Wait what
what you said.

I thought GenTheThief was serious when he posted that
A shame. It appears that the massive influx of new members who were definitely all real people were driven away from the spam attack that we suffered this week. Hopefully our numbers can recover and we can make it back over that 50k member mark!
didn't pay attention though

GenTheSnail

WCA
2016GEEN01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Which new members are you referring to? I suspect most people who visited will visit again as it was a temporary issue.
'twas a joke

I thought bolding and saying "definitely real people" (an adjectival phrase not usually necessary for humans), I would imply that the 8,000 new members were in fact all bots, and I was simply celebrating that the bots had been removed and the member count had been restored to its former uninflated amount.

Nmile7300

WCA
2019MILE04
YouTube
Visit Channel
Any ideas what this is all about?
View attachment 15662
It's the person behind the bot attacks, I think that's fairly obvious. It sound like they are threatening to make new users even with the registration option closed. I don't know why they messaged you with their exact plans, that seems like a fairly dumb thing for a "hacker" to do.

Try messaging them asking who they are and what their motivations behind these things are. Probably won't work but it's worth a shot now that we have communication with them.