• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Software Upgrades Today

pjk

Administrator
Staff member
WCA
2007KELL02
SS Competition Results
As you notice, the forums look a bit different. We're in the process of a software upgrade which will make the site run more smoothly - as a result, the theme of the site will change slightly. Over the next couple days the site will look a bit different as we implement some changes, but should function as usual. Please report any issues you notice here. Note that small template changes will be re-implemented in the coming days.

pjk

Administrator
Staff member
WCA
2007KELL02
SS Competition Results
ElasticSearch has been setup, so the search engine should function a lot better. Please test it out and let me know your thoughts. If you can't find what you're looking for, please post further details about what you're searching for and what queries you tried. Thanks.

Is it an issue that banned people can't even log out now and I had to clear cookies :p

pjk

Administrator
Staff member
WCA
2007KELL02
SS Competition Results
Tables seem to be disabled (e.g. in this post).
I've enabled tables, but the th1 and td1 tags have been removed. The tables need to be updated slightly. I don't recall what it looked like before, but the general format is:
Code:
[TABLE]
[TR][TH]This is a header cell[/TH]
[TH]This is a header cell[/TH][/TR]
[TR][TD]
This is a left aligned cell
[/TD]
[TD]
This is a centre aligned cell
[/TD][/TR]
[TR][TD]
This is a right aligned cell
[/TD]
[TD]
Left aligned
[/TD][/TR]
[TR][TD]
Centre aligned
[/TD]
[TD]
Right aligned
[/TD][/TR][/TABLE]

Which outputs:
This is a header cellThis is a header cell

This is a left aligned cell

This is a centre aligned cell

This is a right aligned cell

Left aligned

Centre aligned

Right aligned

Can you please update the first post in that thread and let me know of any issues? I'll assist with it once I know what it supposed to look like. If it is too tedious to make these edits I'll see if I can implement a patch to solve these issues, but it is best to upgrade to the latest BBCode. You can also toggle on/off BBcode view view the toolbar in the editor:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ewrijwkvg47vedd/Screenshot 2018-08-25 11.20.12.png?dl=0

Please let me know how this goes.

Is it an issue that banned people can't even log out now and I had to clear cookies :p
What is the issue exactly? What happens when the logout button is pressed?

xyzzy

Can you please update the first post in that thread and let me know of any issues?
Yikes, that'll take some work to fix. Gimme a bit.

E: Okay, updated the first two posts. Seems like a blanket replacement of td1 tags with td tags should work.

Last edited:

pjk

Administrator
Staff member
WCA
2007KELL02
SS Competition Results
Yikes, that'll take some work to fix. Gimme a bit.

E: Okay, updated the first two posts. Seems like a blanket replacement of td1 tags with td tags should work.
If it is too tedious, let me know so I can work on an alternative. I went to the 3rd post, did a 'replace all' td1 with td, and it formatted mostly okay, aside from the far right column. I can bulk replace all td1 on the forum once we confirm it will work okay.

xyzzy

If it is too tedious, let me know so I can work on an alternative. I went to the 3rd post, did a 'replace all' td1 with td, and it formatted mostly okay, aside from the far right column.
Only the first post was tedious because I had to rearrange all the formatting. (Not sure why. Maybe it's because I first loaded it in the wysiwig editor then switched to BB code.) The second one was just search-and-replace.

The far right column is partially my fault lol. Nothing to worry about there. Three rows of the tables have four cells, and the forum sets each cell to 25% width. The fourth row has only three cells, so the forum sets each cell to 33% width. (CSS is so confusing; this is why I don't do web dev.)

Reactions: pjk

What is the issue exactly? What happens when the logout button is pressed?

When you're banned trying to do anything gives "oops you're banned" message, this now includes trying to log out

Reactions: pjk

Pyjam

Premium Member
Hi,

Is there a way to "mute" some sections of the forum, so that new messages in those sections will not appear in the "New posts" list?
Sorry, if this is trivial.

xyzzy

Hm, I also just noticed TeX equations no longer render (e.g. contents of the spoiler box in this post).

(I keep hitting edge cases with my posts lol.)

pjk

Administrator
Staff member
WCA
2007KELL02
SS Competition Results
Hm, I also just noticed TeX equations no longer render (e.g. contents of the spoiler box in this post).

(I keep hitting edge cases with my posts lol.)
Glad you're reporting these, it helps a lot, I'll work on fixing them.

You can now find a fx icon in the toolbar for TeX:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/xpgb8ekdc6i81a2/Screenshot 2018-08-28 10.17.39.png?dl=0

Code:
\[ \lim_{x \to \infty} \exp(-x) = 0 \]

Outputs:
\[ \lim_{x \to \infty} \exp(-x) = 0 \]

Looking at the post you referenced, it hasn't yet solved the problem. Latex isn't rendered inside of a quote or spoiler tag. If you remove the spoiler tag, it renders fine now. I'll look into solving this.

Will get back with you. Let me know of any other issues you notice, thanks!

Voltara

WCA
2018SKAL02
The new forum software added some frustrating hotkeys. Pressing the "1" key redirects me to the home page, "3" redirects me to the wiki, etc. These frequently trigger when I use Alt-# to switch between tabs in my browser; for example, when I use Alt-1 to switch back to my forum tab, the "1" hotkey gets triggered, and I get sent to the home page. I find myself continually hitting the back button to get back to where I was.

These hotkeys don't seem all that useful to begin with. Could they be disabled?

WCA
2009SHEE01
YouTube
Visit Channel
The old system had clicking on the thread title to take you to unread posts, or the first page sometimes (seems to be when something changes on the forum for the first time clicking into a thread, or a little black circle to jump to the unread posts. Seemed like a weird setup, but I knew how to work it.

Now, the thread title has the same problem and the circle seems to be gone with no replacement, so for the next short while the first time I click into a thread I've already seen most of I seem to be forced to detour though the first page.

pjk

Administrator
Staff member
WCA
2007KELL02
SS Competition Results
The new forum software added some frustrating hotkeys. Pressing the "1" key redirects me to the home page, "3" redirects me to the wiki, etc. These frequently trigger when I use Alt-# to switch between tabs in my browser; for example, when I use Alt-1 to switch back to my forum tab, the "1" hotkey gets triggered, and I get sent to the home page. I find myself continually hitting the back button to get back to where I was.

These hotkeys don't seem all that useful to begin with. Could they be disabled?
I'll see if i can disable these. It's strange that Alt-1 transfers you back to the tab and activates 1 without pressing 1 again. Can you adjust your hotkeys?

The old system had clicking on the thread title to take you to unread posts, or the first page sometimes (seems to be when something changes on the forum for the first time clicking into a thread, or a little black circle to jump to the unread posts. Seemed like a weird setup, but I knew how to work it.

Now, the thread title has the same problem and the circle seems to be gone with no replacement, so for the next short while the first time I click into a thread I've already seen most of I seem to be forced to detour though the first page.
When you click on a thread now, it takes you to the first unread post, right? If you want to jump to the last post, you can click on the date of the post (such as 19 minutes ago). Can you explain more of what change you'd like?