• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Slow Last Layer

Whitebeard250

My last layer takes the same amount of time as my cross and F2L take altogether(~15 seconds).
According to this page the last layer is meant to be a much shorter step. :S
What can I do to decrease my last layer time other than just practice, which is what I've been doing? Could it just be that my fingers are slow?
I use 4LLL but still I feel 15 seconds is quite slow.
Thanks.

SimonV

YouTube
Visit Channel
I recommend learning full PLL, don't rush it, i learned the algs over 2 weeks, try doing a permutation each day (G-perms, R-perms, ...) Then it took me 1 month to get used to PLL, now 2.5 months later i recognise almost every case in 1 second or less, For OLL, it is just practice, try learning cases (sune and antisune) from every angle (left handed, in the back, etc.) I still need to work on my hand placement but my execution of the algs now id 1-> 2.5 seconds, just get used to every case, and learn a few common OLL cases and easy cases. I also recommend learning Edge Control (inserting your last pair in such a way that you have atleast 2 oriented edged). That is everything i can think of at the moment :)

Archangel

Using only F R U R' U' F', sune, antisune, and Aa Perm. Use sune+ U' + antisune to exchange edges.