• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Silcone spray not working?

guitarman960

i just went out and bought some silicone spray to lube all my cubes. i tested it first on my rubiks 3x3x3 to see if it would work. and it just made my cube kind of clicky. i used liquid wrench silicone spray. it makes it faster when moving fast, but when moving slow it feels kind of sticky and kind of clicks. did i buy the wrong stuff? here is the link http://www.liquidwrench.com/products/#!/2 it is just the plain silicone spray in the purple/white bottle. thank you

Clayy9

I agree; I do not recommend use of this. CRC, I believe, has the least amount of petroleum out of the three sprays.

Mr 005

i made this mistake myself. i looked in my garage and i was like "COOL SILICONE SPAY!" and used it without hesitation. bad choice...

wontolla

WCA
2011GRAJ01
YouTube
Visit Channel
From the wiki:

"Even though Liquid Wrench says Silicone Spray on the can, it still contains petroleum distillates. The lubricant also has a very petroleum-like smell and will stay there. Liquid Wrench is not odorless. Do not use this. It contains less than 5% of silicone. "

Clayy9

Only use Vaseline in a Rubik's brand cube, and only for a short time when it's new. Other than that, avoid use of Vaseline.

MovingOnUp

WCA
2011UNKR01
Yes liquid wrench has always been frowned upon by the cubing community, until Lubix came along and everyone totally forgot about sillicone spray ;)